24:

It was the first time to observe this piece of land that was completely his own at close range, and Lin deeply felt the natural beauty of Xuefeng Territory. In the vast wilderness, any place is a landscape painting.

    The northernmost part of the territory is the beautiful Moon Lake. After the snow from the Daxue Mountain melted, it flowed all the way here, forming a freshwater lake covering an area of about 800 mu. The east side of the territory is close to a primeval forest, and the outskirts of the forest are the largest hunting grounds for the territory and the hunting teams of many nearby tribes. The west and south sides of the territory are large plains with a wide variety of plants.

    The entire territory covers an area of about 5,000 mu, which is close to the size of a modern township with 10,000 people, but only a few hundred people live there. Most of the place is in an undeveloped state, which is a huge original treasure house.

    Lin had never left the village so far before, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery, and gained a lot. Using the plant information displayed by the collection skills, he collected a lot of herbs and discovered several new edible wild vegetables and mushrooms. He also collected a lot of seeds, packed them in the animal skin bag that Hui carried, and planted them in the village when he returned.

    And he made another unexpected discovery by Moon Lake.

    When we came to Moon Lake with the measurement team, it was a windless and sunny day. The lake is clear and calm, reflecting the blue sky and white clouds, the distant snow-capped mountains and the surrounding vegetation. There are endless white thatch growing around the lake, and groups of fish can be seen from time to time in the lake.

    Lin quite likes to drink fish soup, but at this time the tools are outdated, and the orcs of the giant wolf tribe are not very good at fishing. Moreover, the freshwater fish fished out have a strong smell, many thorns, and troublesome preparation. People in the tribe don't like to eat them. Wolf-type orcs eat like crazy. There is a word "gobble up" specially created for them. Eating fish can easily get your throat stuck. Due to various reasons, the territory will organize people to catch fish every once in a while. The fish caught are not eaten fresh, but are dried in the sun. When hunting is not possible in winter, there are many meat dishes on every table.

    Lin wanted to go back and study how to make fishing nets, and some suitable cooking methods. Such a natural granary cannot be wasted.

    The people in the measurement team had already assigned each person a certain distance, and they went to measure the length on foot. Lin admired the beautiful scenery by the lake for a while, and as usual began to look around for available plants. Hui looked around and found no danger, so he put down his satchel and the basket behind him, and quietly walked into the lush white grass by the lake.

    Lin habitually picked a piece of white thatch, and when he looked carefully, the system displayed the information of the plant in front of his eyes:

    [White Hemp] An annual herb rich in natural plant fibers, it is an excellent textile raw material.

    Turns out it wasn't the reed he thought it was at first. Lin looked at the white hemp in his hand, and was a little surprised.

    Textiles such as hemp and silk have already appeared in the Beastman Continent, and it is said that they were passed down from the Fox tribe. The Youhu tribe is an ingenious race, good at literature, art, etc., which is very different from the surrounding barbaric tribes. Although the hemp and silk produced are of average quality, they are very rare and expensive.

    The Xuefeng Territory is located in a remote place, and occasionally some defective products can be bought, all of which are distributed to the young ladies in the territory. Most orcs don't wear anything under their fur coats. Even Lin is currently wearing cashmere trousers next to his body, which makes him very uncomfortable. This is already very particular.