26: Wolves Attack

The paper mill located in Yuexi Village is bustling again today. Xuefeng and several principal persons in charge came, holding their breath and watching quietly as the three middle-aged villagers gently peeled off the solidified pulp from the sieve.

    Soon, three light yellow papers as thin as feathers appeared in front of everyone.

    Everyone gathered around and reached out tremblingly to touch the smooth paper. Now they don't even look like they're made of tree bark, they feel pliable and surprisingly high quality. Although in Lin's view, these papers are still a bit rough due to the crude tools.

    Wu was already flushed with excitement: "Very good, very good, I didn't expect it, it's really done!" He was already a little incoherent. But everyone was as excited as him, and the thin pieces of paper were passed around in the hands of several people, and they couldn't get enough of them.

    Mai was well-informed and kept praising: "This is almost as strong as the paper I've seen in the big trading houses in the capital." He is an intelligent talent that is currently scarce in the territory, and what he said is very convincing.

    Wu couldn't stop nodding when he heard this, touched Xiao Lin's head with a smile, and praised him again and again: "This method really works. I didn't expect it to be easy to do as Xiao Lin said. It's because Xiao Lin has a good brain. Those big tribes , Big Tribe, all good things are hidden, and we will be able to make paper in our territory in the future!" Wu's nose suddenly became a little sore. If their territory was also that strong, last year's beast horde would not have suffered such heavy losses.

    When everyone calmed down, Lin spoke slowly again: "It is far from enough to make only a few sheets of paper at a time. Next, we need to increase manpower, improve tools, and expand production. As for the batch that has been made so far, in fact The quality is not good enough, you can see that the thickness is not uniform enough, I am not going to take it out for trading. As for what to use, I have an idea, please listen to Grandpa Wu and everyone.” Seeing that everyone was listening intently, he continued Say the plan in your heart, "I want to write down all the people in the territory, everyone's name, when they were born, what family members they have, etc., on paper."

    Wu was a little dazed, and Mai and the others also didn't understand why such precious paper was wasted to memorize those things. But none of them questioned, knowing that there must be a reason for Xiaolin to say this, they still listened patiently to Xiaolin's continued explanation:

    "I want to ask everyone, do you still remember your grandpa and grandma? Up ahead, what about our grandpa's parents?" I’m afraid many people don’t remember them anymore, and they don’t remember how much they contributed to the development of villages and tribes. Just like my father, he is a hero, but it’s hard for my descendants to remember him.

      Even if His deeds are written in ballads, and if no one tells them, they will be forgotten, but if everyone's stories are written on paper, they will be preserved for a long time, and whenever you open the paper, you can see the past recorded in it." Wu couldn't help

    but I think of my grandfather, that is an old man who loves to laugh. When I was a child, I often put him on my shoulders and was able to endure hardships, but now no one mentions him for many years, and even he himself rarely thinks of the one who loves himself. old man. There are not many people of the same age as Wu in the territory. When he gets old, he will surely be gradually forgotten like this.   

      Suddenly Wu's eyes were red, and his tone was a little excited: "Xiao Lin is right. Everyone will return to the embrace of the beast god. How can future generations remember us? It is to write it down, so that future generations will not forget their ancestors How much hard work has been made."