Chapter 10

I'm trying! I really am! I'm slow and I suck at writing yet some of you still read my stuff. I love you guys sooooo much! You are all amazing!!!!

Song- One Hundred Sleepless Nights by Pierce The Veil

Zacks P.O.V

So I'm dating Scotland.

Whoa it feels so weird to say that. Well, think that.

And Jackson. Wow I did NOT see that coming. I've never dated anyone with a kid before. Its gonna be different, that's for sure. But I do want to get to know Jackson a little better. Scotland asked if I could help her with Jackson and Micah. She said they can be quite a handful.

So that's why I'm sitting in her living room with her little brother sitting in my lap.

"Awe you and Mommy gunna get mawwied?" He asked looking at me with big blue eyes. I chuckled. This was the third time he's asked me this.

"Why, do you think we should?" Jackson closed his eyes and nodded. "Well maybe one day. We'll see buddy." He grinned at me.

"Is Micah comin soon?"

"Your grandma just left to go get him." I guess Scotland wanted to give us some 'bonding time' she said she had to run some errands first. Jackson snuggled into me and yawned. "Uh oh. Don't fall asleep now!" I yelled and stood up with him in my arms. I laid him on the couch and started tickling him.

"St-stop! Pwease! Z-Z-Zack!" he giggled squirming and trying to get away.

"Never!" I laughed. I heard the front door open.

"You here!" Micah giggled and wrapped his skinny arms around my legs. I smiled down at him.

"Hi Micah! How've you been buddy?" I sat down on the couch. Almost instantly, Jackson and Micah had climbed onto my lap and were smiling up at me.

"Good! How come you no come ova anymow?" he asked pouting. My mouth twitched.

"I've been playing with my friend." he nodded then grinned.

"Jackson, less go pay in yow woom!" they jumped up and raced down the hall to Jackson's room.

"You must be really good with kids." I heard a feminine voice say from the doorway. I turned to see a woman who looked like an older version of Scotland. It must be her mother.

"I guess. They are just so much fun." Scotland's mom came and sat on couch next to me.

"So you're Zack?" I nodded. "I'm Scotland's mom, but you can call me Heather."

"Um... hi." I answered shyly.

"Well, since I'm Scotland's only living parent, you and I need to have a talk." I gulped. Great, an awkward talk with my girlfriends' parent. Just what I wanted! Note sarcasm. "Be careful with her." Well that's not what I expected. I expected threats, rules, and expectations, not 'be careful with her.' Her mother continued. "I love my daughter; it kills me everyday to know that I couldn't have saved her from all of this pain. We both love Jackson, don't get me wrong, but I couldn't stop that boy.

"She's a teenage girl, I know that you guys will probably have sex, I'm not ignorant, but if you do anything to hurt her, I will kill you, understand? I don't make idle threats. I can't watch something like what happened before ever happen again. If you get her pregnant, you better be ready to support her. You seem like a nice young man, calmer than Miles ever was." She stopped. My face was burning the whole time. I really like Scotland and sex with her would be amazing, but that doesn't mean I want to talk to her mom about it!

"I understand." I answered. She gave me a look that said she didn't trust me. I need to think of a way to prove that she can trust me.

"Um if I tell you something, you promise not to tell anyone? I already told Scotland." I said nervously.

She looked concerned. "Sure, what is it?"

And I proceeded to tell her about me and Joss. She looked completely horrified when I finished. "This has been going on for years now?" she asked in horror. I nodded dejectedly.

"Yah. But I don't know how to stop him."

"Oh you poor boy! I want to try and help. I'll think of something, don't worry." She pulled me towards her and hugged me. At that moment the front door opened and in walked Scotland, grocery bag in hand.

"Um..." She raised an eyebrow at us.

"I kinda just told your mom about Joss." I said sheepishly.

"Really? That's great!" She said smiling.

"It is?" She nodded vigorously.

"My uncle is one of the best lawyers in the country. We can ask for his help. I didn't want to tell him before because he would have told my mom. But..."

"Scotland, that's a great idea! Why didn't I think of that before?" She stood up pulling her cell from her pocket. "I'll go call him now. I'm going to help you Zack!" And with that she was gone.

Scotland set her bag on the floor and then came over to me. She put her arms around my neck and pulled me in for a slow, almost teasing, kiss." I'm glad you told my mom."

I smiled. A big smile. "Yah me too.

So tell me what you think will happen! Will Scotland's uncle help? Will he even be able to? Tell me what you thought, good or bad! I would love some comments :)

Vote

Comment

Fan :)