Chapter 7

Scotland's P.O.V

I told Griffin everything.

Well not at the day care. He dropped Micah off at Hadley's house and then we went to mine. Then over steaming mugs of hot coco we spilled our guts.

Ha! You believed that? Well that all did happen except the hot coco and spilling OUR guts. I did all the spilling.

It happened 4 years ago. I was 13 and I just wanted to fit in. I had always been popular, good at sports, music, school, and people just seemed to gravitate towards me. Of course I was also mature for my age. And there lies the problem. I matured faster than everyone, my body included. I became even more popular with older guys. They wanted to be the one to teach me 'things'. I was cute, an innocent 13 year old with the body of a 16 year old.

I was really good at fighting off their advances too.

Until I met Miles.

He was perfect, perfect looks, perfect grades, perfect family, and perfect player. He was only a sophomore at the time. He even had colleges scouting him; he was the best quarterback our school had ever had.

Yes, I fell for the football player. And I believed he was falling for me too. He was so sweet, a perfect gentleman. Until the party.

I had been going with Miles to high school parties for awhile. I some how avoided getting drunk. But this party was different. It was like I couldn't stop drinking, and by the end of the night I had slept with Miles and changed my entire life.

We were both so drunk we forgot about protection. This wasn't the fist time we had been together like this but we were always careful. Until we weren't

Nine months later I had Jackson. When Miles found out I was pregnant he told me it wasn't his, it couldn't be. He wouldn't get into a good college and he didn't want a baby. So he told everyone I was easy, a whore, and that I had cheated on him. Everyone hated me. He was the golden boy and I was the girl who broke his heart. Five months into my pregnancy my mom and me packed up and left the state.

We are back now. I go to a different school, but I'm so close to my old school that I still run into people from my old school from time to time. Most don't remember me, and the ones that do either realized that Miles was just scared and lied or they didn't want to associate with me. What ever. I grew up.

When I had finished telling all of this to Griffin, he just sat quietly staring at me. Then he lent forward and wrapped me in a hug. Neither of us said anything, we didn't need to. We sat there in each others embrace for a long time, I'm not even sure how long exactly. The only reason we let go was because my phone rang. It was my mom.

"Hello?"

"Scotland? This is really important. You remember the bad man that did all those horrid things to Griffin and Evan?"

"Yeah he's in jail. What about him?"

"Well I just heard on the news that he escaped. You need to warn your friends honey."

"Um ok Griffins with me right now. I uh told him about Jackson." She was quiet for a moment.

"That's wonderful hun, but you need to tell him what I just told you."

"Alright, bye mom, I love you."

"Love you too Scotland." And with that I hung up the phone.

"Scotland, who's in jail? What's wrong?" Griffin looked confused.

"It's about Mr. Saunders. He, somehow, escaped. We need to tell Evan and you need to get home. I'll go with you." His eyes widened in disbelief.

"No, no you must have heard wrong. Evan and I will be fine." He tried playing it off.