chapter 21

Alexandria P.O.V
I was helping Katerina pick up her papers and put her books back on the right shelf. "Where's Wednesday? Y'all are usually never far from each other." I place a blue-covered book in between a red and green. "She's out looking for clues and trying to make allies." I walk back to Katerina hugging her waist being immediately engulfed by her warmth. "Is she still upset with you?" I nudge my nose against her cheek. "I don't know, but she's not actively avoiding me anymore, which is good." I begin leaving trails of kisses down her neck as she tilts her head to the side giving me better access. "We can't… not yet." She lets out a soft sigh pulling away from me and giving me a little wink. "I know… I know. I must court you properly which means taking you out on a date." I grabbed the stack of papers and her notebook and put them in her backpack when I saw a purple snood in her neatly folded backpack. "I see you brought Enid Snood with you." I grab feeling the material seeing it's exactly like mine. "Yeah, it's very comfortable. I accidentally fell asleep while wearing it in class." I put it back in her backpack, zipping it before I swung it over my shoulder. I walk to her gently, grabbing her hand and interlocking our fingers together. "You ready?" Katerina looks around her making sure she didn't forget anything.

"Yup, we're good to go." We walk through the halls, and the only thing being heard is our shoes tapping against the floor in a rhythm. We walk down multiple hallways finally getting to the exit. I open the door letting go of Katerina's hand, already missing her warmth. I held my hand out for her to grab, giving her a little curtsy. "M'lady." She grabs me, trying to give me a curtsy but she trips on her foot. I let out a laugh making her turn red from the embarrassment. "Stooppp." She lets out a little whine trying to get me to stop laughing. "You would have done the same if a gorgeous woman did that to you." I give her a little smirk. "Oh, you think I'm gorgeous. -ahhh… y-yeah, y-yes" She clears her throat a little while taking on a serious face or at least tries to. "Yes, I think you're gorgeous but you already knew that, didn't you?" I smile feeling my cheeks get a little red. "If I'm gorgeous then you must be a goddess from Mount Olympus." She grows a big smile while shaking her head making her hair curtain around her face.

She tilts her head back up showing me that gorgeous smile that I love. "You are too much. -I'll take that as a compliment." We walked to my motorcycle, making me hand Katerina's backpack to her. I grab my helmet and place it in Katerina's hand so she can put it on. I started the motorcycle and got a satisfying hum in return. I kick the peg and pull out of the parking lot driving back home. It was already getting dark outside. We must've spent hours at her school library. I drive past Weathervane to see Wednesday walking out and to the buses. I ride past her, not really feeling like bothering her. I can feel Katerina letting go of my waist. I turn my head a little to see what she's doing to see her waving to Wednesday. I feel her put her arm back around my waist giving it a little squeeze and resting her head back on my back. I looked forward again when I realized I'm about to hit a car but before I could I zigzagged out of the way and got honked at by the driver. "SORRY!" I slowed down and started scolding myself once I felt Katerina squeeze my waist hard at the drift I had to do. 'You idiot! pay attention to the damn road!' I really need to get my act together.

I drove past the Nevermore buses getting all the kids' attention when they heard my motorcycle. I pulled over to see if Katerina was okay. I turn around in my seat, flipping the visor up on the helmet. "Hey sorry for the scare. I didn't mean to… it was an a-accident. -Hey, it's okay you would never hurt me or scare me on purpose. I know that. You're my protector, my warrior, you won't ever hurt me like the others." She pulls me into a hug, rubbing my back to soothe me once she hears my ragged breath. My head feels like it's going to explode like I'm drowning trying to fight my way up to the top but the further I get the harder it is to breathe. The ends of my vision are blurry and it doesn't help that I feel like I wanna throw up. I try taking a deep breath and counting back from a hundred.