Chapter 10

You and Wednesday's feet landed softly on the balcony. You pretend to wipe dirt off your pants, making it look like there was actually some dirt there. Taking long strides towards the balcony door. You and Wednesday make it inside only to be met by a crying Enid. The sight just breaks your heart. Hearing her the soft pants coming out from her mouth and the look of utter distress. Her red, blotchy face with tear stains left at their wake. "Where have you been? I'm literally having a heart attack right now. Yoko and Jessica are in the infirmary." Enid starts to pace back and forth really fast. You could have sworn you saw little sparks of fire where her footsteps were before. "What happened?" Wednesday watches Enid with her calculated eyes.

"Garlic bread incident at dinner. They had a major allergic reaction. They are out of the Poe Cup. I don't have a co-pilot or another partner." Enid says the last part really aggressively. You have a really good guess on who wanted to sabotage Enid. Bianca Barclay. "It wasn't an accident. Bianca's behind it." You're wondering what type of nightmare should you show Bianca tonight maybe give her a nightmare where she's getting chased by a killer clown, or getting chased by dogs, or maybe both you know what it's going to have something with being chased. "How do you know? -Doesn't matter." It's not like we didn't just hear Bianca say her game plan is already starting.

"We are going to take her down tomorrow." You snap your eyes to Wednesday. "Wait. Are Y'all joining the black cats? Y'all are willing to do that?" Enid steps forward while Wednesday steps backward trying to put some distance between them. "For me?" Enid stops crying while looking at you and Wednesday with her big blue eyes. "I want to humiliate Bianca so badly that the bitter taste of defeat burns in her throat." Ever so passionate Wednesday. "Yeah, but mostly you're doing it because we're friends, right?" Wednesday turns around putting her head down. She kinda looks like she is brooding "Do I really have to join."

Enid looks at you with these big puppy dog eyes. "Please... lexa for me." You try avoiding her eyes but you couldn't. "Erh... fine just this once." You reluctantly agree to join them. "Tell me how she keeps winning." You think of many ways she could win. "It's a real brain cramp. The past two years, no other boat has made it across and back without sinking." She could have one of her siren friends helping her or sabotaging the boats by poking holes. "It could be sabotage or she could have one of her siren friends helping her." You make eye contact with Wednesday both agreeing with each other that it was sabotage. "I agree." Wednesday gives you a nod of approval.

"There are no rules in the Poe Cup, and she's is a siren, which makes her master of the water." Wednesday turns her head around to look at Enid. "Then we just need to beat her at her own game." You look back and forth between Wednesday and Enid with a growing smirk. "Ooh... I like where this is going." Wednesday grabs her backpack and puts multiple items in there. "Come on, Alexandria we got a fish to fry." She gives a little smirk while turning back around to the balcony so y'all can leave. "Have a torturous nightmare, Enid." You follow Wednesday letting your magic lift y'all and take y'all to the boats.

For the rest of the night, you and Wednesday put traps and useful items on the little boat. After you guys finish the canoe y'all stand there looking at both of your beautiful work. "It's a true masterpiece of destruction." When you finish speaking you look at Wednesday to see what she thinks of it. "Yes, it is."

●●●●●●●●

It was finally morning and time for the Poe cup. You met up with Wednesday halfway through the morning. Both of y'all walk past Bianca when you had the urge to wipe that smug smirk off her face but you couldn't blow your cover. Making your way toward Enid to see if everything is in place. "We're all set. -Good. 'Thing's' in position." You almost laughed at how Enid bent down for Wednesday but it wasn't the time to laugh. "Wanna tell me what y'all three were up to? -And spoil the surprise?" Enid got this big grin that you know will cause you pain. "Speaking of surprises, both of your costumes are in the tent." Oh, Enid pray for me for you have forsaken me.