The Helicarrier

Peter sat in silence at the back of the quinjet, as Fury sat in the front, flying to an unknown destination. Peter tapped his fingers on the bench he was sitting on, his anxiety through the roof. Fury seemed to notice, but he didn't turn around.

"You okay Parker?"

"Yeah, just a little anxiety. I've never been in a plane before. I've been on one technically, but never inside. So it's a little scary." Peter turned back to the wall he was staring at, but decided small talk would be better than panicking in silence.

"So, are you married?"

"That's classified."

"Any kids?"

"That's also classified." Fury paused for a second.

"No, I don't."

Peter nodded, and began to scoot over, closer to Fury.

"How long have you been a part of S.H.I.E.L.D?"

"A long time."

"What does it stand for?"

"Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division."

"That's a long name."

"Why am I being interrogated?"

Peter stopped for a second, before standing up and walking over to sit in the co-pilot's seat. He sat down and faced Fury, not bothering to look at what's in front of him.

"I thought small talk would be nice. You aren't much of a talker, are you?"

Fury shook his head, and continued to look forward. He appeared to sigh, before turning to the boy.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?" Peter asked, tilting his head.

"The whole superhero thing. You're only a kid. What makes you get out of bed in the morning and put on that suit?"

Peter stopped for a second, and looked at the ground. He began to play with his thumbs, before going to answer.

"I got these powers almost a year ago, and right when I got them, I lost someone really close to me. He told me that with great power comes great responsibility, and I've been following that motto ever since. When you can do the things I can, but then you don't, and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you."

Fury didn't say anything. He turned away from Peter, and began to face back towards the direction they were flying. Peter, finally feeling brave enough, faced the same direction the man next to him was looking.

It was beautiful. Flying through the clouds felt peaceful, and the blue sky made Peter happy. Everything felt calm, the calmest anything had felt in a long time.

If only she could be here with me to see this.

Peter smiled to himself, and looked forward, which made his smile fade, and his face change into a shocked expression.

"Holy Shit."

The quinjet flew towards a large flying ship that flew high above the clouds. The giant ship had a big platform on top that they landed on, before multiple agents came and tied down the jet.

Peter slowly walked out, and began to look around. This was the coolest thing he had ever seen. Peter began to wander, before being called, and having to run back to Fury. The two took the elevator inside, leading to a room with agents working on computers. Peter's jaw dropped, and he began to slowly walk out of the elevator.

"This might be the coolest thing I've ever seen."

"Coolest thing so far." Fury smirked, before walking over to the console. Peter followed, watching the man take control of the entire ship. Fury turned to Peter, and motioned towards something.