Goodbye, love

WARNING! Real ANGST

Author's POV

'Your cold eyes and words are the spoiler,
In your every action, I see our end,
I tell myself it's not true but I feel the spoiler,
Should I watch till the end?
Or should I leave now?
What if there's a twist?'

Joong and Dunk have been in a healthy and happy relationship for 4 years. Joong doesn't know how things go wrong. Dunk haven't act like himself recently. He know that Dunk is falling out of love. He know that Dunk will end it anytime.

No one, not even himself could describe the pain he is going through. He wanted to be a fool, he wanted to be selfish, so he stay in hope that there is a twist.

"What are you thinking?" Joong asked. They are having a date at a cafe nearby their house. It is a date, yet Joong feels like he is alone.

After asking twice, Dunk look at Joong. Joong couldn't read his eyes, but somehow they are filled with sorrows.

"Maybe it is going to rain tomorrow" This is not the first time that Dunk gave Joong an answer that is not really an answer. Dunk look out the window again.

These days, Joong see a lot of Dunk's side profile. He then heard Dunk let out a sigh. Joong freeze up in the overflowing silence. He is thinking negative things that he shouldn't be thinking.

Days passes by. For some reason, life got busier than before. Without realizing it, they started to contact each other less. Joong don't even know how to start the conversations anymore. He type, and erased.

Joong thought that it is a coincidence or maybe because of his anxiousness, but every time he look at the clock, the hands turn against him. It is like they are showing him the future. Cliché

These scenes are so typical. As if he have seen them hundreds of times in his imagination, dreams and maybe soon to be reality. But why do he still feel so anxious? Joong wonder, all the promises they made in the beginning, did they forget because they are busy? Or are they too busy forgetting?

Joong got his answer. He can't let Dunk go. He can hear it loudly, even words that aren't said. He tried to pretend otherwise but who is he to fool? That feeling suffocates him.

"Maybe I trapped you inside my useless fantasy. Maybe you tried out a role for me that didn't really fit" Joong said.

Dunk clenched his hand and say "I told you I loved you out of habit. The lines and my feelings didn't match. I wanted a movie-like love but I guess this is my punishment".

"Dunk, I ask about your heart but your answer is always open-ended. This is suffocating" Joong admitted. His voice is shaking.

"Just cut me out or kill me out. I don't care about a happy ending. Please, just do anything as long as you don't let me fade out" Joong begged, holding Dunk's hand in his as if his life is depending on Dunk.

'Your cold eyes and words are the spoiler,
In your every action, see our end,
I tell myself it's not true but I feel the spoiler,
Should I watch till the end?
Or should I leave now?
What if there's a twist?
I can't let you go'

"It is true. This is the end. You should leave now. The is no twist and you must me go" Dunk said, turning his back on Joong and walk away without giving a final look on the broken soul.

.

"Why do you have to be so cruel?" Pond asked.

"I have to. I don't want us to create more memories, it will only make it harder for him to let go, forget and move on. I want him to find someone that can grow old together with him" Dunk answered, looking out the window.

"You are just something else" Pond said while cutting the apple for him.

"You know today might be the last day for me to eat. Why you didn't bring me an expensive delicious fruit instead of just an apple?"

"Because I want you to live, so that you can eat again tomorrow, or the day after" Pond said sternly.

.

"Joong, have you move on?" Pond asked. Joong just simply shrugged his shoulder. They are eating at the GMMTV's cafeteria.

"Dunk should have known better than to asked me keeping his secret" Pond said slowly.

"What do you mean?" Joong asked.

"He didn't do that because he fell out of love. He do that for you to move on and won't hold onto the memories of him and you.

He do that, because he know he can't grow old with you. The doctor said that today might be his last day. Yesterday, he is still as strong as usual. Today he is drastically weaker.

He have a stage 4 lung cancer, and they can't do anything anymore"

.

"DUNK!" A panic voice was heard along the hallway. He keep running until he reach a room. Inside, he saw a lifeless Dunk lying on the bed, looking peaceful than ever, surrounded by doctors and nurses.

"Baby-" Joong shakily reach for Dunk's hand. He fell on his knees and keep grieving. If this is the 7 years old Joong, he would regret for being stubborn as it only make his mother mad at him. But this Joong right here, right now, are regret for not being stubborn as it resulted him to only see a lifeless body of his lover as their last memory.

.

A/N, this one shot is inspired by lyric from Epik High - Spoiler and a scene from BigBang - Haru-Haru.