Vacation

The photo above belongs to my friend, @Sindyarattles. I recommend checking them out!

*Amber's POV*

Today was nice. Everyone else has been busy with other things, so Maroon and I have been hanging out all day. Our giant group of friends decided to take a trip to the beach since we were all exhausted from our jobs. On the first day, everyone hung out with each other and we all went out to eat, the second day however, we divided ourselves into groups of people who get along the most and hung out separately. Today, however, since it was Valentine's day, everyone decided to hang out with their significant others. Here's the catch though, Maroon and I are both single as fuck. So we decided to just do things together, as bros do. We got went into random shops and searched for souvenirs and ate a bunch of junk. At the end of the day we went down to the beach and swam a bit, well, I had to force Maroon to. After that, we realized that neither of us brought a towel so we just walked on the beach for a bit to dry off before going inside.

"How did you forget the towels?"

"Why me? You're the one who wanted to come."

"Yea and? You are the one that wanted to swim, not me."

"You still did though."

"Because you threw me in."

"Heh, touché"

"That's what I thought, idiot"

We continued walking along the beach as the sun went down, it was quite peaceful, to say the least. The sun was setting on the sea and it was beautiful. The sun had gone down, a gentle breeze following the moon. It was kinda chilly to be completely honest, which is weird at the beach. But I am still kinda wet.

"You look cold, you ready to head home now?"

"I shiver a bit, "y-yea hahah."

We start walking home slowly but surely. We make it home, the moon just slightly higher.

"Yayyy, finally."

I literally sense him roll his eyes, "you are ridiculous, it wasn't that cold."

"Yes it was!"

"We are at the beach, it's not cold."

I flop onto the couch and wrap myself in a blanket.

"I was wet Maroon."

I hear Maroon laugh, which is kinda rare.

"Why are you wet Amber?"

"What? Because I was...YOU JERK-"

He begins to laugh even more.

"I can't believe you didn't realize."

"And I can't believe you are laughing, you barely talk."

He calms down a bit. Shit, maybe I shouldn't have said that...

"Well it's not like you don't talk at all, I just meant, uh, you know..."

"It's fine, I understand why you said it."

I kinda feel bad, maybe he has a reason for not talking? Now I'm curious. I'm seriously only gonna make things worse...

"Sooo, um...do you have a reason why you don't talk? Or do you just not? You don't have to tell me, I'm just asking."

He was silent. Shitttt...

"I'm sorry for asking I was just-"

"Amber, stop talking."

He sits next to me on the couch.