24|| girl I knew

Song: Buddy's rendezvous by Lana del Rey
❁❁❁
Katie

I decide to stop at the apartment to grab some of my belongings as I live close to the restaurant he sent, and want to kill some time.

And there was something else I wanted to do.

When I enter our apartment, the voice in my brain begins to tell me to snoop. Knowing Hudson will be heading straight to the restaurant I knew this was a good chance for me to do it if any.

I hated the way he was so secretive and wouldn't open up to me when al I've ever been doing is giving him my everything.

I loved the man so much and gave him every ounce of loyalty and love I could give. But I felt he didn't trust me fully, and that hurt.

I wanted to know more. Why was he so damn secretive about his work and life? I know he was doing other things he couldn't share, but why?

I decided to snoop. It was about time.

I've been left in the dark long enough, I wanted to know more.

Maybe I would regret it later, but I was too focused on knowing the truth right now.

I carefully tip toed-slipping into his office.

Taking a deep breath, I turned around his desk plopping down on his chair. It smelled so good in here like him. Woody, clean, musky. fuck

My eyes wandered around his office. I'd never been in his office before, it was so neat and perfect.

I draw my eyes to his desk. Walking over to it slowly I ran my fingers lightly against his desk. Hm.

I carefully scanned down the desk drawers, then up at the office door to make sure nobody was here.

Pursing my lips together, I reached my fingers forward pulling the tiny knob open.

Inside the drawer were letters. Lots of letters. Pressing my tongue against my cheek I grabbed one.

It was a photo. A photo of a pretty girl. It was labeled "R."

Staring at the picture of another girl in his office drawer made my stomach turn in knots.

She was pretty. Very pretty. She had dirty blonde hair medium length and green eyes. This picture took me by surprise. I am assuming this is the ex.

But then my eyes drifted down and scanned the girls neck in the picture. Her neck was bruised with hand marks. They were so visible it was enough to shock me. I gasped when I saw the markings.

What the hell was this?

Hearing a creak in the wood I frantically jumped up, my heart almost jumping out of my chest. I put the picture and necklace back inside, shutting the drawer, and scurried out his office.

I catch my breath.

What the fuck was that doing in his office? Who was this girl and what happened to her neck. I take a couple deep breaths calming down my anxiety. Why'd he have that?

I reassured myself to have trust in Hudson and not assume the worst. I needed to confront him about this. Soon. I quickly swing my purse over my shoulder exiting the apartment anxious to see him and confront him about what I found.