foolish

Song: girls just wanna have some by the chromatics
❁❁❁
Katie

It's the following morning. Opening my eyes they instantly settled on my tangled hair laid upon my bed.

I exhale as I stretched and hear faint voices from the music room.

I maneuvered up from the bed below me. I let out a soft groan and instantly feeling the throbbing headache coming on.

I quickly scurry over to the bathroom, needing to wash my face and brush my teeth.

I was still upset and scared when Hudson had hurt me, yesterday. As much as I wanted to stay angry at the man, I could see how much he regretted it afterward. It was in the heat of the moment.

Even though I shouldn't after what happened. I should tell my father, and end this relationship. But I knew I never could bring myself to do it. Part of me didn't want to. The voice of reason knew better than this as I continued to push it away.

I finished in the bathroom making sure, I covered my face up from the mark he left on my cheek. I made my way in the kitchen, to make my morning coffee.

I turn coming to view with Hudson sitting there already, watching me.

His muscles and tattoos make him appear ten times more tempting. Seeing him like this has instantly made me think unholy thoughts.

Hudson taps my nose with his index finger before wrapping his strong arms around my waist, pulling me against him. "Morning." He chirped.

"Morning." I smiled shyly as I pulled away looking upstairs in paranoia my dad would be there. "Where's my father?" I ask him.

"We're fine. He's engrossed in a song in the studio."

I cringe, remembering how awkward this situation is, him being my dad's work partner and best friend. 

I look up at him as I speak softly, "Agh. It's so weird talking about this, given well-. Can you make me coffee." I request eyes brows raised. I just liked the way he made coffee.

Hudson's eyes drag down the length of my body, taking in my loungewear. "Of course."

He makes us coffee fixing me up a delicious latte in a glass, as I sit on the island chair. He raises it to my lips. I take a sip of the sweet liquid, feeling the taste of it dancing around my tastebuds.

He knows I like a lot of sweetener without me needing to request it.

His eyes are locked onto mine, watching my lips, actions, and eyes. A trickle of milk escapes from the corner of my mouth, and before I can react, his thumb is wiping the liquid from my skin at a viciously slow pace, making my skin feel on fire.

He brings the pad of his thumb to his mouth and sucks on it, and I
feel the temperature rising around
me.

I take my sweater off as he walks behind me, and then I feel his hands grabbing it. He places the sweater on the chairs backside, leaving me in my tank top.

I suddenly feel his chest against my back. Once he's gone, I feel the warmth leaving my back, and I almost whimper in the process.

He's doing this on purpose. And it's working—"I better get back to work." He smiles back at me, and I admire the dimples on both sides of his cheeks. That we both had in common.

I look up at his beautiful profile and the way the muscle in his jaw ticks as he drinks his coffee. His face is so masculine but so young and vulnerable at the same time.

The stubble in his jaw is the same as his hair color, and without thinking I lift my hand up. My fingers caress his neck and then trail upwards onto his jaw, where I let my fingers trace it. He swallows, and I watch the muscles in his neck work as I draw his cheekbones with my fingers.