hazey

❁ ❁ ❁
Katie

I wake up when the alarm on my phone starts irritatingly blaring. I roll onto my stomach and stuff my face into my pillow. With one arm, I reach for my phone, put it on snooze, and then throw it across my room.

A couple of minutes later, it goes off again, and I have no choice but to get up to turn it off. Lazily, I get off my bed and wobble to my phone, groaning at my head hurting.

After turning it off, I instantly remembered my dad had left early this morning for his trip to California.

A smile stretches across my face. I'm excited Hudson had offered to my dad to take me to school today, and I didn't have to walk there like usual. I feel like a giddy school girl considering how I feel around him.

I mean, I shouldn't be so ashamed of a harmless crush on the older man. So what? I can have fun knowing he will never truly feel the same. Besides, I'm not telling anybody, so what's the issue?

I pick out my Uniform and do my routine, which consists of showering, lathering myself in my favorite body products, brushing my teeth, and doing a natural makeup look. After spritzing myself with my vanilla perfume, I'm finished getting ready.

I couldn't help but wake up a little earlier and do some extra things knowing Hudson was driving me. Shamelessly I can't help but want to impress him.

I walk over to look at myself in the mirror, pleased with how I look. Cute as fuck.

I feel extra confident acting how I please, knowing my dad isn't here. I decided to walk downstairs to the room Hudson's staying in.

I knock once. Twice. A third time and I get annoyed. I decide to walk inside as I can't be late. I have a psychopath teacher on my ass who's out to get me, and I'm not graduating late. This might happen, considering the number of times I have been late.

As I am slipping in, I hear his shower running. I grow impatient, looking at my phone and seeing the time is nearing 8 am. I decide to lie on the bed to wait for him. The sudden confidence came out of nowhere. I couldn't believe what I was doing.

Minutes later, when I begin to regret my choice to wait in the room, I hear the shower stop as he quickly comes out. I made sure to hold my chin in my palms and cross my ankles behind me to prevent them from swinging back and forth in mid-air while plastering a sweet smile on my lips.

I bet I looked adorable.

He walks out now in only a
pair of white briefs, too distracted
using the towel in his hand to dry
his hair to notice me. I sneak a peek down at his muscular thighs, my gaze naturally drifting a little higher before my cheeks heat, and I snap my attention back to his face.

"Morning!" I chirp, looking up to see Hudson's head snap up as his eyes widen. Immediately the towel in his hand goes to wrap the towel back around his waist. He stares at me in shock, but then it resembles annoyance and frustration. His jaw ticks like he's trying to control it.

"What are you doing in here?!" He snaps, walking away from me and disappearing behind the closet door.

I sit up from the bed, furrowing my brows at how he didn't even look at me or smile. Instead, he seemed upset with me.