sweetness

Song: heartstrings by leighton meester
❁❁❁
Katie

"I'm going to drop you off before your dad grows suspicious." He asks with a cheeky grin showcasing his dimples.

I swear time stops when I lay eyes on the handsome man in front of me.

I agree with a nod, and we sit down, and he drives us back home.

I'm shocked but pleased with everything that's happened while my dad has been away, but I can't help but grow anxious about his coming back from his trip.

On the way back, his hand rests on my thigh now and then, squeezing and massaging it.

He tells me he's heading home for a bit and has something important to do for work.

I'm a bit disappointed in wanting him to be around the house every day with me, but again I need to accept the realistic point of the situation.

I would never have thought he would be the one to make me feel these things.

Once we get to my house, I say goodbye and hop out of the car to my front door.

Looking behind me, I found my eyes drawn to the man in the car. I would be lying if I said I didn't grow fond of him in the short weekend.

An absolute fool I was for growing an attachment towards him like this. It was a forbidden thing which only made it more tempting.

Almost instantly, his gaze shifts directly to mine. Captivating me entirely. I offer a nervous smile, and I turn my attention back to the front door. I made a few steps before abruptly stopping and returning to his car. His attention is already preoccupied. He doesn't notice me walking down the steps back toward him.

My hand finds the passenger door, gently opening it. Rushing in, my
knees planted onto the seat cushion. He looks at me in a confused manner.

Allowing the situation to play out, he freezes instantly. Grasping his forearm, I lean forward and softly kiss his stubbled cheek. Pulling away, I shoot him a sly smile before easing myself out of the car and shutting it.

I am practically prancing my way up the steps. I grin, feeling his eyes burn into my back, knowing he was looking at me.

Taking a deep breath, I grasp the handle and enter my home.

Once inside, I am welcomed by the smell of pasta, indicating my dad is back and making dinner for us in the kitchen. "Hey, dad, you're back!" I walk over to him once I reach the kitchen.

He looks over at me. "How was the week, my love? You behaved well for Hudson, I heard."

That sentence internally made me cringe, thinking about what went down while he was away.

"Erm, yea, It was alright, not that bad Hudson was super helpful towards me." I say as I sit down at the table.

He laughs as he turns around toward me and passes a plate of penne vodka pasta. "Yum, thank you, dad." I smile at him as I begin eating my dinner.

"So sweetie, what are your plans? I was going to plan on meeting Hudson for drinks tonight."

Oh god. I cringe yet again. It felt weird hearing that after everything.

"Oh? I'm surprised you're not hanging out with Eliza. I haven't seen her in a minute." I say taking a bite of my pasta.

Eliza is one of the women my dad started going out with recently. We call her Liz for short. She's made him work less and a lot more himself.

After my mom died passed away a while back. He hasn't been himself till she came along. I know that she is good for him. She distracts the man, who is too stubborn to move, but somehow she manages to.