blue

This chapter has a -Warning-
❁❁❁
Hudson

My anger and thoughts consumed me the minute she pushed my hand away from her in front of her school. She really cares what some stupid boy thinks.

Perhaps I could be overreacting, but in this situation, I had every right, no? After I helped her out, she acted like that toward me. I don't think so.

I drive us speeding aggressively to my place, not wanting to deal with sneaking around her father. Evans has been getting on my damn nerves lately. Thinking he controls her when she's old enough to make her own decisions. I began to despise him when my feelings for Katie developed.

He didn't want her to have her own life, and I hated that. He had no authority to be strict over her. The man she loved did. That obviously being me.

"Why are we here?" She looks at me so softly it makes me almost fold, but I don't.

"You want to go back to your father's place?" Knowing she doesn't, I ask anyways.

"No, actually, I don't want to." Realization dawns on her face about the situation with her father." You'll stay here with me, okay, until everything's sorted out with your dad back home." She speaks, "but what about school and my stuff-"

"Don't worry, I will drive you to and from school, and I'll worry about the other stuff, ok?" I snap.

"Ok." She whispers.

When we reach my apartment, she looks agitated and defeated. I relish how she quickly listens to me and does as she's told.

She walks to my bed and curls up in her cute little uniform.

Something is wrong. I hear her quietly sniffling. "Katie baby, what's the matter?" I speak softly as I sit beside her curled body and stroke her soft hair.

"Nothing is wrong, okay? it's stupid." She shook her head in denial, trying to push me away from her. No, something wasn't right. It was a poor attempt at making me drop the subject.

The shakiness of her voice gave her away. Why was she lying to me when I could see it in her face? Hear it in her voice? "Come on," I pushed, "just tell me, baby."

Her hands fidgeted with the fabric of her skirt that barely covered her ass from my view. "I don't think I can..."

My jaw clenched in aggravation, and my hold on her rib cage tightened. Is she seriously being secretive? After showing her, I wanted her and would risk it all for her.

"Katie." I grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at me when she tried to avoid my stare.

A second went by, then 5. She looked up at me through her water-filled eyes.

"I don't know, okay? I keep feeling guilty about everything. I just have nobody to talk to about this, and when you tried to touch me in front of joe, I just worried he would hate me, and he's my only friend at school-" she pauses to catch a breath.

"Look, I'm just confused with everything. With my dad hating me for the marks you left on me, now this new thing between us, and wait- Where is my phone? I need to text him and apologize-"

As she fidgets around, looking for her phone, I grow angry. I can feel my anger burning slowly, and I feel a rush.

I wasn't sure what it was about that sentence that ticked me off and sent me over the edge. Maybe it was the pleading of her voice, the pleading, that made me think that she wanted this kid's approval and not mine. Regardless of the reasoning, I blew up, my face hot with anger. My fists clenched.