School Run,

"Sherlock, Sherlock." A sharp whisper woke the detective who had previously been in a deep slumber.

"John.? It's too early." He grumbled, still keeping his eyes restrained to a squint.

"I've been called into the surgery, i need you to take Rosie to school." John smiled softly, taking his knee off the bed to stand up once again.

"What? No, John i can't. You know i cant." Sherlock fought against his heavy eyelids, watching John gradually move away. The slender man groaned, pulling the blanket off himself. "Can't you drop her off on your way? I'm sure they have a breakfast club." He protested.

"It's seven thirty, i need to be gone now. Please, just, make this easier for me." The older man grumbled, placing his palm to his face. 

Sherlock rose to his feet, stretching as far as his body allows before trudging over to John and hooking himself around the doctors neck. "So i just.. leave her there?" He mumbles into his partners head.

John wraps his arms around Sherlock's middle. "You walk her to the door, it's okay. She'll tell you what to do with her bossy boots." He felt Sherlock smile into his hair before pressing a gentle kiss.

"Have fun in work." The brunet hums, sighing lightly, before waving the doctor off.

"Yeah, right." John pulls away, pressing a kiss against Sherlock's lips. "Go on, get ready. You'll need to get her ready too."

Sherlock walked into Rosie's bedroom, the small girl remained snoozing.

"Rosie, wake up." He knelt beside her bed, shaking her shoulder gently. "You have school, Rosie." A small groan came from the girl as she rolled over to face him.

"I don't want to go." She whispered. The small girl was in her second year of  primary school, but seemed to know how to get her way...most the time...sometimes.. only with John. "Can i stay home?"

"Hmm... let me think." He paused, pressing his lips into a thin line. "No. Let's go." He stood up offering his hand to the 5 year old. She begrudgingly took it, sending him one of her best stink eyes.

——-

"You don't do it like that!" The young girl whined, letting her head drop onto the table.

"I know how to plait hair." Sherlock argued, continuing to form the plait, working his way through  strands of her hair. It was an instinct, he never recalled properly learning.

"I don't want a plait anymore, i want a bun." Her demand was ignored, while Sherlock ended the plait with colourful hair bands. "Please!" She begged, falling back onto him.

"You'll live, Rosie." The older man bit back a snarky remark, reminding himself she was a mere 5 years old.

——

After plenty of complaints of having to walk to school, they were finally on their way. Avoiding puddles, pushing through crowds, and picking up breakfast along the way. Sherlock could happily say he had almost completed the school run. Until he finally reached the door.

"Hello Rosie!" A woman, who appeared too enthusiastic called. Sherlock was unsure whether to let go of her hand now, but gradually gave into it as Rosie appeared to be familiar with her surroundings.

"Bye." Sherlock saids with a smile, as Rosie pulls him into a brief hug.

"Hello Miss!" She grinned, pushing past her to go meet her friends in the playground.

"Will you be picking Rosie up today?" The woman asked, catching Sherlock off guard. John never mentioned picking Rosie up, so he couldn't see why he would.

"I don't think so." He responded with uncertainty, wishing to be more aware of how many hours his partner would be at work.

"Who are you to her guardian?" The woman asked again, picking up her phone. Once again, Sherlock was caught off guard. "We have to see, for our system. It's all to do with the child's safety."

"I'm-" Sherlock paused. Would he embarrass John? What would people refer to them as? They are public... well, they've never hid from the public. "Partners. Me and John are partners." The woman nods with a smile, a smile which contains no judgement.

"Thank you, just for the database." She smiles. "Wont need to happen again, we'll just have to tick it next time." He nods to show his understanding.

"Have a good day." He finishes, and turns around. He felt his cheeks glow pink, hoping that John wouldn't find out about how he labelled them.

Little does he know, John waffles about Sherlock as if he were a medal.

(Just found this in the drafts, and realised i finished this on 49??? Bit of an odd number. It's a bit of waffle, bit shit, but had to round it to 50!!<3)