Meeting Johns parents.(bbc)

"I need you to be rational, don't be questioning every little thing you notice. They've barely gotten over the fact I'm seeing a man." John piped up, rotating the stirring wheel.
"Me, irrational? As if." The taller man gasped, adjusting his blazer. You'd suspect it was sarcastic, though who would know what's going through Sherlocks head.
"I'm serious now Sherlock. Wouldn't want them thinking I was dating a weirdo?" A small smirk appeared on his face as he glanced to his left, facing his lover.
"I'll make small talk, I'm amazing at small talk!" The brunet grinned which made the greying haired man chuckled softly, preparing to pull into the driveway. It was a tidy country home, with plants decorating the front garden, the sensor light flicked itself alive lighting up the whole front of the house. When the car came to a stop, sherlock was quick to get out of the car, ignoring his partners worried expressions. Before they could knock on the door, a older lady opened the door. She'd curled her hair, it was a Bob which had been freshly cut. The jewellery she was wearing was most likely cheap and old, but received from a special person for her not to bin them. Her nails were freshly done, most likely for the occasion, she was wearing little to no makeup. Mostly mascara and lipstick.
"Hiya mum." John smiled hugging her, she hugged him back with a loving smile. Sherlock now saw where John got his loss of height from.
"Oh John! I haven't seen you in forever. And you," she pulled away from the hug stepping out of the way for the men to enter the house. "Must be Sherlock Holmes himself. You can call me Emma" They both entered the house, it had a beautiful interior which made sherlock worry.
"Indeed. It's.. nice to meet you." He was remembering the lines him and John had rehearsed. Soon a older man walked down the hallway, and he was not happy to see sherlock.
"Evening, boys." You could tell he didn't want to be there, sherlock didn't respond he was stuck analysing the man.
"Hello dad." John nodded, shaking his fathers hand.
"Uh, hello." Sherlock added, too worried about saying much else incase he messed up.
"Sherlock, you can call me Pickens." A small nod was exchanged between them. "So your the famous Sherlock Holmes. Any guns on you I should know about?" The brunet was shocked at the quote, he glanced at John before starring back.
"Bringing a gun here would be irrational, you don't look like much or a threat." Sherlock responded with a quiet tone. John felt like facepalming himself, before his father could attack sherlock he quickly butted in.
"Let's go sit down, okay?"

Throughout the night sherlock received dirty glares, the couple constantly broke the connection of their hands, shuffled away from one and other, and even stop mentioning their relationship status whatsoever. Even Emma seemed too scared to mention their relationship.

"Weve heard lots about you, sherlock." Johns mother smiled, wiping her mouth with the napkin.
"Not sure if ive heard more from the news or from John." His father muttered, cutting the steak into strips.
"Dad, please."
"Well since you already know my occupation then, John likes joining me in cases." The presence of johns father dug into his stomach, putting him off the meal.
"Oh, you never mentioned that!" Emma gasped, a small smile appearing on her face. It was obvious they weren't in contact very much.
"You never asked." He shrugged, though receiving a intimidating glare from his father.
"So, are your parents aware your a homosexual?" Pickens spat, John practically choked on his food.
"Uh.. yes. They found out through my brother in my teenager years." The detective bit gently against his lower lip, feeling slightly uncomfortable.
"You have a brother?" Johns mother piped in, attempting to make the conversation more casual.
"Yes, he works in the higher end of the government." Sherlock said between his sips of water.
"Your parents must be disappointed that your not as successful." Pickens mumbled, scraping his knife against his plate.
"Dad!"
"Picken!"
"Oh, no it's quite alright. They don't mind, they're quite happy with me so far as long as we remain in contact. They're just grateful im using my intelligence for the better."  Sherlock responded wiping his hands against the napkin, not feeling so hungry anymore after the interrogation.

"I think I'm going to show Sherlock my room and then head home, London traffic and all." John broke the silence, sliding out of his chair.
"Oh, ofcourse my love. Go ahead!" Emma encouraged, though just before Sherlock headed for the stairs after his partner he poked his head back into the dining room.
"Do you need any help with the washing up?" He grinned at Emma, it was something John encouraged him to ask out of respect.
"I'm okay, darling." She nodded, Sherlock chased after his lover like a excited teenager into his childhood bedroom.
It was exactly what he expected, the Union Jack flag was above John's bed. As well as many footballers posters dotted around the room from the 80's. His bed was a wooden double, with a matching wardrobe. And a grey rug. It wasn't anything special, though still tidy.
"I'm so sorry for my dad, I really am." Sherlock felt the doctor wrap his arms securely around him. "He's unbelievable."
"Don't worry." Sherlock smiled, planting a kiss on johns head. "Though I do really want to hit him." A few chuckles were exchanged between them.
"You think you'll manage goodbyes?" John affirmed, straightening out his lovers collar.
"Course' I'm Sherlock Holmes for Christ sake." Sherlock dramatically rolled his eyes before smiling at his own actions, the older man placed a firm kiss on his partners cheek. "I love you John,"
"I love you too, Sherl."