Their life, and his death (bbc)

They had what every couple could only dream of, a life where they grew old together. Sherlock passed away at age 73, leaving John who was 77.
Sherlock hired a care taker a month before he died, knowing his life was coming to an end and that John would need help.
"So, how did you two meet?" The young lady smiled, handing John a small cup of tea. He glanced at her blue eyes, only reminding him of Sherlocks.
"We met in our.. late thirties. I needed a place to stay, he needed help with the rent. It was.. destined to be." He sipped the cup, feeling a sickened sensation run through his stomach. "I never considered myself liking men before I met him, it was always just a little thought which sat at the back of my head. After his.. fake death. I had gotten a girlfriend, and when he did return, even married. He was my best man, sherlock was also the reason she died. I blamed it on him, didn't let him see my child, and after letting much anger out on him. I guess I saved him." John peered up at the lady, who was sorting out bits in the living room, but still attentively listening. "We started, seeing each other. Then gave ourself a title of boyfriends, he preferred partners. When Rosie was around.. 4 we got married. They were both so happy. As well was I, though I'd do anything to go back to that day." The caretaker gently awed, before sitting opposite him in Sherlocks armchair. Ouch, was all John could think. Nobody else had sat in that arm chair, it was always reserved to sherlock. "We started going to the beach a lot, it was Rosie's favourite place. Sherlock wasn't as appreciative, he was never fond on sand, or dirt. He continued working his cases, and I continued venturing along with him when I could. It was never a boring day with him. He was so proud when Rosie got into law school, that's what she's doing now. A lawyer in America, she should be coming home soon though, she came back for the funeral."
"I'm sure she will." The lady affirmed, pulling a small table over.
"We did everything together. We really did, I don't know how I'm going to manage." A small sob escaped johns lips, as he help his sleeve over his mouth.
"He had a lovely life with you by the sounds," she smiled, gently rubbing johns knee. Just like sherlock did to get his attention.
"How do people cope?" John uttered, drying his eyes.
"It'll take time."

He didn't want to hear that, he still hadn't completely processed that sherlock had passed away. It seemed like he was sitting in his office typing away.

"I love him,"

John ended up passing away 6 years later at age 82, he lived a long life and never considered loving anyone else. He stayed in the same house, seeing Rosie every few months. Though every morning walked down to visit sherlock, sitting at his grave and telling him everything his husband deserved to know.