You cant. (Bbc)

John sighed, adjusting his tie in the mirror. "Does this look okay? I don't want to look completely daft." John had signed up to a popular dating website, this was the third date this week, and it was only a Thursday.
"Loose the tie you looks ridiculous." The leaner man huffed, not even taking a glance at the grey haired man.
"You could Atleast look, y'know?" Though John still removed the tie.
"Do you have to go tonight? We can do much more fun things."
"Sherlock, let me have some fun will you? Nobody is stopping you from signing up." The shorter man added, adjusting his sleeves.
"What if it's a bad date? What will you do then?" The brunette finally peered over.
"Then I'll tell them that you broke your leg or something, I'll see you later, alright?" John grabbed his phone and keys and headed to the door.
"Please!" Sherlock yelled, not turning his head to the other man.
"What?"
"Please don't go." He hissed, picking at his Cuticles.
"What's worrying you?"john stepped away from the door, he'd never seen his best friend act this way.
"I don't think you should go." Sherlocks voice lowered, almost afraid to look up.
"You can't expect me to drop everything to stay with you, it doesn't work like that." A hint of sternness appeared in the older man's voice.
"Bloody hell, go then. I don't care." Sherlock snarled, still scratching and picking at his nails more that likely ruining them, it was a bad habit.
"What's wrong?! I'm not going to be mad at you, when have I ever judged you?!"
"Just Lea-"
"This is ridiculous, tell me!"
"I don't have to!"
"If your telling me to stay and leave my date, then it's considered to be more than reasonable!"
"I don't want to be alone! Okay?! Satisfied?!" Sherlock turned his head to stare at John, "tonight, I don't want to be alone John ."
"That's all you had to say, Sherl."
It took a few minutes, but John called his date saying he had to cancel due to a accident taking place. (She wasn't so understandable). He got dressed out of his more formal clothing to his pyjamas, (which was a small relief) and sat next to Sherlock on the sofa, it was silent for a few minutes. They both wanted to say something but didn't want it to come out wrong, his arm snaked around Sherlocks shoulders, pulling his closer forcefully making him stick with John, (Sherlock obliged pretty quickly.) the grey haired man pressed his face against Sherlocks curls, gentle rubbing his shoulder. though after a few minutes of this sufferable silence, John received a little,
"Thank you."