No sleep. (bbc)

John woke up, reaching over tho the opposite side of the bed expecting to feel another body. But to his surprise the bed was cold, and empty. "Huh.." he mumbled to himself, the room itself was not unfamiliar, the weird organisation of files still took over the corner, chargers were tangled on top of the wardrobe, and bits of bobs scattered the nightstand. It was just different not waking up beside his lover. He slid out of bed, his legs trembling as he made his way to the living area where Sherlock sat, typing on his laptop, it took him a moment to realise John had woken up.
"Love?" John hummed, still too tired to raise his voice. The slender man turned around, his mouth making a small o shape.
"Did I wake you? What time is it? 2, 3?" His words were rushed due to his amount of coffee intake.
"I don't know and I can't be asked, why aren't you in bed?" He motioned towards the shadowed bed behind him.
"Something came up, and I, we'll just need to respond." Sherlock placed the computer down on the coffee table staring back at John.
"Please come to bed?" That's all it took for Sherlock to turn off his laptop and approach his partner, a gently arm wrapped around his waist as he planted kisses on his lovers forehead. The shorter man guided them back under the sheets, where they exchanged gentle kisses, and loving touches. "I hate it when you leave bed." John whispered between one of their kisses, his fingers were gently running down Sherlocks jaw as a look of sorrow filled his partners eyes.
"I'm sorry.. I'll try not to."
"Thank you, darl." John added, pressing his nose against Sherlocks. They stayed like that, Sherlocks leg wrapped over johns waist, while johns arms protectively held Sherlocks lower back.
"John."
"Yes?"
"I love you."