The sun to my moon. (Bbc- hurt to write)

Sherlock Holmes and John Watson, the two partners who were apparently destined to be together. The two men who'm stood by either one's side no matter the danger.

We're unaware of the danger they caused each other.

Sherlock was a man who Never stood down, he was strong and independent when he wanted to be. Though there was one thing about him that made him weak, his lover. The way to get to Sherlock was through John, it became common for the doctor to receive threats and emails attracting Sherlocks attention. When it became physical that's where everything went wrong, the detective lashed out dropping all his priorities to save his partner. That just further led to move chaos.
Due to this, sherlock often turned to drugs to manage his time and concentration, and John would be in too much danger to help him. They were both risk full to each other in multiple circumstances, though their love was too lively to leave. It would be a understatement to say the two would do anything for the other.

The couple returned home, John was just attacked mid case, constantly threatened to be killed if he didn't give up Sherlocks location. The man wasn't aware of John's past in the military and was quickly defeated by the doctor, though this wasn't the first, nor would be the last time something like this happened.
"Some people are just utter bastards." The shorter man spat, throwing his keys in the tray.
"John."
"So what, people think their all high and mighty. Gives them no bloody rig-"
"John!" Sherlock interrupted. He received a confused glance before heading into the living room, leaning onto his armchair.
"Yes?"
"This.. us. We aren't working." Sherlock sighed, his fingers curled against the backrest of the armchair.
"What?" Johns voice fell to a much more fragile tone, he hadn't noticed any anomalies in their relationship. They seemed happy?
"We're too very, very different people." Sherlocks stomach pooled with pain, he didn't believe any of this. He loved John.
"Why now? What have I done, because believe me sherlock. I'll do almost anything to make it right." John moved closer to his lover, staring into his blue eyes.
"There's no point us staying together. Neither of us benefit from this relationship."
"There doesn't need to be a benefit to a relationship! You're happy? Aren't you?" A sudden uncertainness cursed itself upon John's voice.
"I cant-"
"We can fix this, it'll just need some effort." John placed his hand onto Sherlocks tensed one, the brunet wanted to scream how much he loved him. But John wouldn't understand this was for his safety, that sherlock was only protecting him.
"I don't love you!" Sherlock blurted out in anger, his eyebrows arched as he gave a John a cold glare. A small pause lasted between them as Sherlocks heart continued to ache in guilt.
"What?" Johns trembling voice hummed, it was very rare that he presented himself as a vulnerable figure.
"I.. don't love you, John. You have no significance to me." You could tell how John felt just by his expression, he was broken by the words. Dr John Watson, who was a army doctor and witnessed things grown men couldn't imagine. Was broken by a few words.
"Have you ever loved me?" John glared up like a lovesick teenager as he wrapped his arms across his chest.
"No." The detective grumbled, breaking eye contact incase his emotion was detected.
"You're cruel, so fucking cruel. They were all right sherlock, your a emotionless monster."John wiped his nose, turning around slightly like he didn't know what to do with himself.
"Only if you knew." Sherlock sighed, turning around to face the window which was letting in minimal light.
"If I knew what? Is there someone else? Because fucking good luck to them!" The older man was practically snarling at the opposing man.
"You don't know shit, John! Okay? It would be best if you left." Sherlocks posture tensed at his own words. "I'm sorry." Sherlock softly added.
"So this is goodbye?" John whispered, looking back at sherlock.
"No no.. please don't say that."
"But it is? Isn't it. It's the end of our journey. We're.. over. I don't reckon we'll talk after this." The doctor was slowly coming to his senses, not wanting his emotion to take over.
"So I suppose it is." The detective winced.
"May I ask what I've done?" Though johns question was ignored.
"I hope you have a nice evening, Dr John Watson." Sherlock nodded, turning back to his ex partner in crime as his tears built up. Within a second johns hands were placed on either side of Sherlocks face, pulling him into a passionate kiss. Sherlock slowly returned to kiss, before their lips separated and they starred into either one's eyes, both fulled with pain as their foreheads pressed together.
"I love you." Johns whisper broke.
"Please go." Sherlock gave the older man a saddened smile.
John nodded, letting his hands fall off the other man's dampened cheeks and turning away. "We were set up for a heartbreak.. I just.. I didn't know it would come so soon." John sighed, leaning against the doorframe.
"All good things come to an end.." sherlock gave a soft chuckle, followed by John through his tears.
"Goodbye, Detective Holmes."
"Dr Watson."

They tried, but in the end, it didn't matter, because in the blink of an eye it was all gone. Everything they had ever fought for just vanished.