Not Your Rebound

Corrine POV

I woke up the next morning to smell breakfast being cooked. I was rested and relaxed. I got up, slipped on my robe, and walked to the bathroom. I hopped in the shower and got myself clean. I got out and did my hygiene. That's when I stopped and realized, I wasn't in my bathroom. What was my stuff doing in here?

The events of last night rushed through my head. My eyes widened and I gasped. It wasn't a dream. I had sex with Jason. I couldn't believe myself. I had fucked my boss.

You've really screwed up now.

I put on my robe which was also in Jason's bathroom, and walked down stairs. Jason was in the kitchen cooking. It smelled like eggs, pancakes, bacon, and sausage. He was in some joggers and a wife beater. He looked so good, even though he wasn't facing me.

Jason turned around with two plates in his hands. He brought one to me and sat the other in front of him as he sat across from me. I gave an awkward smile and looked down at the food which smelled so good.

"Thanks." I mumbled shyly with my head down.

"Don't looked down. I know you ain't shy now. After last night, you ain't got nothing to be ashamed of or shy about. I mean that in the best way." he said winking at me.

Oh my goodness.

"I just, I don't feel right about this. I'm not sure if we should have had sex last night. It was a mistake." I said looking him in his eyes.

He looked disappointed. I didn't mean to hurt him, but I was being honest. I felt something for him, but he was my boss. Besides, I felt like he was making me his rebound, and I don't want to be a plan B.

"I don't think it was a mistake. I love you. You've been there for me. I don't care about Veronica or Joseph at this point, it's just you and I." he said.

"That's the problem. I feel like Veronica was the one you wanted, but you can't be with her, so you're loving the one you're with. I'm nobody's rebound." I said standing up and walking out of the kitchen.

"Corrine wait. It's not like that." Jason said as he followed me back up the stairs.

I walked into the room that was supposed to be for me and saw all my stuff was out. I huffed and went to Jason's room and saw my stuff all over his room. I grabbed the suit cases I'd come here with and started packing them. Jason grabbed the suit case away from me.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I quit." I said angrily. I snatched my suit case back and started packing it again.

"Corinne you're not my plan B. I'm in love with you. Please don't leave me you're all I have." he said.

"I wish I could believe that. But Jason, you don't even know what love is. I need to go, now please let me pack in peace." I said.

"Fine. Leave then. That's all everyone seems to do. Use me for as long as they need me, and then leave!" he yelled before going in the bathroom and slamming the door.

"Whaaaa!" Daniel started to cry.

I sighed. I grabbed my suit case and left feeling guilty. I didn't use him, I just wasn't about to let him us me. I didn't need another Eric. I didn't need anybody.

comment and vote.