Get Over

Corinne POV

Last night was horrible. I couldn't sleep at all because of the loud banging noises and Veronica's loud mouth. I wanted to go in there and cut her tongue out. I know that sound terrible, but I was tired and annoyed.

I grabbed my robe after my shower and brushing my teeth, and went down stairs. I went into the kitchen to find it a mess. Crumbs and left over Chinese take out all over the floor and counter. I shook my head at the mess they left. A three year old could do less damage than this.

I cleaned the kitchen until it was spotless and started on breakfast. Eggs, pancakes, sausage, hash browns, and oat meal. I made some coffee, which I could say, Jason had great taste in, and called it a day. I made Jason's plate and put it in the microwave. I walked out and started cleaning the dinging room. It was a mess too. Why had they made such a mess?

As I cleaned the living room, I heard steps coming down the hall and laughing. I rolled my eyes. I hope Veronica was better behaved since she got some dick last night.

"Good morning." I said putting on a cheerful face.

I knew I had a tired face. I had bags under my eyes and they were still red from being sleepy. My hair was clicked back and I just had on pajamas and a robe. Jason looked at me as if he felt sorry for me.

"Good morning maid. You look rather comfortable." Veronica said as she sat down on the couch.

I ignored her and wiped down the table. I wasn't about to lose my job over her ignorant ass. Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me. But my fists will hurt her.

"Probably the only thing that fits you." she said.

Jason said nothing. That fact that he didn't care about his employees being respected and treated well was a problem for me. It showed me that he didn't give a damn about anyone with less money than himself. I shook my head and was about to leave when Veronica said something that pissed me off.

"It's a wonder you have energy to do any of this cleaning what with all that cellulite." I turned around and faced her bony ass.

Her smirk turned into a fearful look. I realised the look on my face must have been a dangerous one because even Jason looked kind of scared. He looked like he was going to say something, but I had proved my point, so I turned and left the room with an angry growl. It was rather unfeminine, but that was the point. To show them that I didn't play.

I soon heard the front door open and close. Veronica must have left. I went to check rooms in the house and saw nothing else needed to be cleaned. At least they cleaned up the room they fucked in.

I went back to my room and washed my hands. I then put on some actual clothing. It was simple, but at least I didn't look like I was just waking up. It was a red t-shirt that said "Picklez" on it in black letters and some faded jeans. I put on my black sneakers.

When I made it down stairs, Jason was on his was to the stairs. I wasn't really in the mood to talk to him, so I attempted to walk psst him. He grabbed my hand and I looked at him. I didn't care to hide my anger.

"Look, I'm sorry for how Veronica acted. She just has a issue with meeting new people. She'll have to warm up to you." he said.

"You're kidding? Calling someone fat and insulting them isn't what people who have issues with meeting new people do. She is a bitch and she is rude. I refuse to work here if you are going to have people disrespecting me. I work hard, and I refuse to have to deal with her. So if you don't out her in check, then I'll happily quit working here and go live with a friend or my mother until I can get on my feet." I said before snatching my hand away and walking off.

I avoided Jason all day. He said nothing to me and acted as if I didn't exist. I was glad because I didn't want to be bothered with him. He and that weasel looking bitch had royalty pissed me off.

I decided that having a crush on someone like that was below me. I wasn't going to ever again like someone that had no respect for me. I refused to deal with any more crap from anyone. And just as quick as I had gotten a crush in Jason, it faded away.

Comment and vote