Chapter 30

~welcome to or society. You will be judged on what you wear, which music you listen to, what you look like, how you act, who you hang around with and on practically every other personal trait and imperfection about you, and you'll be made fun of for being who you are~

I wore my red flannel and black tights. James was downstairs eating an ice block.
"It is way too cold for an ice block. And it's..." I looked at the time, "it is only 8am."
"It helps for a hangover," he shrugs. "And it's cola flavour, taste it." I thought about not because it is his but he held it out to me and I tasted the ice block.
"Nice," I smile.
"I know right!" He smirks back at me.
"So, about before..." I trail the last word, he looks at me.
"I know, it was stupid," he shakes his head.
"No, no, no! It wasn't. I liked it." I should've chosen better words because it sounded weird. "I mean the kiss."
"I've wanted to do that for ages," he looks slightly embarrassed.
"Same," I say. He puts the paddle pop stick from the ice block into the bin and stood in front of me. He touches my cheek, his hand soft.
"I love you," he says. "I didn't... I'm sorry."
"It's okay!" I wrap my arms around him and look at him in the eyes. "I love you too." I kiss him, this one more paced than this morning.
"Did you know what happened after the pool last night?" He says when I pull away.
"No," I say.
"I do," he looks down.
"What...?" My eyes widen. "We didn't...?"
"Yeah," he says. "We did."
"Oh god," I laugh. "You were more drunk than me but yet I am the one who doesn't remember."
"I am special like that," James shrugs as if it's no big deal.
"So, does this mean we are together?" I ask, my arms still around him.
"If you want to, I do," he kisses my forehead.
"I do too," I kiss him sweetly. "Did we use anything?"
"I don't know," James laughs. "Would that be bad if we didn't?"
"Well, no, but I don't know..." I put my head in the crook of his neck and kiss there.
"We are moving fast," James tells me.
"We have been together before," I say.
"Do you think we could get back to where we were?" He smirks.
"Yeah, I do think so," I kiss him on the lips for a while until I hear the door open and we pull away.
"Edmund! Knock!" I told my twin as he walked in.
"Sorry, I wanted in," he looks at James. "You still here?"
"Yeah..." James didn't know what to say.
"He was drunk, so he crashed on the lounge." I say, Edmund looks at the neat couch.
"Doesn't look like he did," and then he ran up stairs.