Chapter 4

~books help us understand who we are and how we are to behave. They show us what community and friendship mean, they show us how to live and die~
I was asleep most of the plane ride, it was boring. We had to get off the plane in China and got on a very small and compacted one to the island that I am not ready for. The air chilli, has to be under 0°c. I put on my coat my mother got me for my 20th, it is a black leather one with fur on the inside, I have gloves on, a beanie, and long trackies.
I stand on the shore of the clear blue water, we must be on the pretty part of the island, from what I've heard, it isn't pretty here. My back pack on my back as I turn to face the large green forest behind me.
"Let get started," I say walking towards the forest, I pass a large spear that has a yellow and black mask with two arrows through it, I get goose bumps but I don't stop. The clouds above us making it look scarier.
"We should put our stuff somewhere," Gab suggests as we all stop at the border of the trees.
"Where should we put them?" I ask.
"Somewhere no one will find it," Edmund says as I run over to a wall that has a little cave.
"Here," I say taking my back pack off and setting it at the back, the others copy. After that, I grab some tree branches and cover the hole.
"We got drinks and food to last us until we come back," James says.
"We need some kind of weapon," I say and they give me confused looks. "This is Lian Yu. We need to be protected."
"I have 3 pocket knives?" Gab says showing us.
"You, James and Lucie can use them," I say. "I can go with the bow."
"And where are you gonna find a bow?" Edmund asks. I point to the spear.
"There are arrows there, I can make a bow, done it before," I walk over taking out the arrows. "And I'll make more arrows."
"I'll have the spear," Edmund says taking the weird mask off the spear and putting it on the floor, and taking the spear in his hands.
"Can you please get me some wood? In my back pack I have some twine and metal." I say, "can one of you please get it?"
"Why do you have metal?" Edmund asks slowly walking to the stuff.
"Always come prepared."
Once he gave me my things I need to make the bow and some arrows I set off making it as the others watch intensely. I don't regret this yet.