Chapter 14

~because through all of this you're the one thing that has kept me from giving up~
There aren't many lights that work, but the lights that are on give enough light to see where we're walking. The floor is covered in liquid things which smell of mould, pee and death. Slade inserted a torch onto my bow so I can see as well as being able to use the bow. With both hands free. The small hall like space is compacted in so we are going in a single line, myself leading. My ears ringing from the dead silence, then I hear something-someone-moving.
"Stop," I say as quiet as possible but so they can here me, which they did because no one bumped into me. I hold the bow up aiming but also walking very carefully down another hallway towards the way that the sound came from, we all split up.
I scan from left to right and in front of me, the sound comes again making me stop at a door at the end of the hallway. I lower the bow slightly to examine the door, when I finish I slowly open the heavy metal door. It creaks a little hurting my ears but I ignore it.
Then I see it. Bones of humans everywhere, upon them are bodies, people, that are moving. Almost dead, I think to myself. I cover my mouth so quickly I didn't realise until I felt my hand slap my mouth making it sting a little. I hold myself from puking everywhere, the smell horrible.
"H-h-hel-p, u-us," I hear a mans voice. I gather the courage up and move my hand from my mouth and hold my head up.
"Who did this to you?" I ask the man who has a long beard, grey eyes, and his clothes horribly ruined.
"These people," he gets out before coughing. "Deathstrokes army."
"Of course," I say rolling my eyes. "Is there anything that can help you all heal or get better?"
"A serum," another man says quietly. "It is a healing serum, it works within 2 minutes."
"Where is it?" I ask.
"Over there," a different man points to a mahogany box in the corner.
"Why would they have it in the same room?"
"Because, we can hardly move, and it is locked," a woman says. I squint my eyes and see the box. I run over setting the bow next to me, the lock is a letter one, and only has two sets of the alphabet. I instantly put in D.S, doesn't work. So I try J.M and I hear a click.
That was easy, I say to myself. I open the box, inside are syringes, and tubes with a green type liquid. I take a syringe and tube, connecting the tube to the syringe. I hold back from puking.
"I don't know how to do this," I say to the woman who I moved to.
"I'm a doctor, was anyway, I can do it," she says weakly taking it from me and shoving it in her arm making me look away.
"Sorry, can't stand needles." I tell her.
She woman shakes her head then it's like her whole body gained life and she was to her feet.
"Wow," I say.
"I'm Isabelle," she holds her hand out.
"I'm Nyssa," I tell her taking her hand.
"You're a part of the Justice League, I can tell by your hoodie and mask." she smiles slightly.
"Yeah, I am," I smile back and turning to look at the others. "You wanna..." I say not finishing the sentence, knowing she knew what I was gonna say anyway.
"Yes, I need more serums and syringes," she says and I nod bringing back to her a couple more. She injects them into all the people who are still 'alive'.
"I am sorry, but I need to continue my search," I tell them. "Do you know the way to the top door?" I ask and a couple "yeahs" and "I don't knows" goes around.
"Run South of it, there will be a boat at the end of the submarine, get on it, drive the boat to the Lian Rocks and find Slade Willson. Got it?" I raise my eye brows at the group of newly healed people there eyes on my intensely. They all nod. "Go."
Once they are gone I turn around, running out of the room and back the the first hallway where we all split up and run to the very end.