Chapter 27

~through all of this, you're the one thing that has kept me from giving up~

"Wow," I slumped onto the couch. It is now midnight and we only just finished all the walls and most of the rooms. "That took forever! And we aren't even done."
"We are almost done," James tells me. "Just have your room, the spare room and the study."
"Let's get it done," Edmund smiles at Lucie as he says it.
"I think we should call it a night," I sigh. I may have had a couple drinks, but not enough to make me drunk. "I can finish it myself."
"You sure?" Gabriel asks as Oliver snores on his lap.
"Yeah, you guys go home, get sleep. I will see you in the morning," I tell them all. "Thank you for your help."
"Hey," Edmund hugs me. "Anything for my sister." He takes Oliver from Gab and goes to the door.
"Love you," I tell my twin.
"See you tomorrow," he gets into his car and drives off.
"See you tomorrow," Gab and Gideon give me hug and go.
"Bye Em," Lucie hugs me. "Do not drive anywhere."
"I won't," I laugh.
"Need me to take you home?" Lucie turns to James-her brother.
"Nah," he smiles weakly.
"Well, you ain't driving. You are drunk." Lucie grabs her keys.
"I'm fine," he stumbles to her and hugs his sister. She nods to him but then turns to me.
"Make sure he doesn't get in his car," Lucie tells me, making sure that James couldn't hear.
"He can crash here," I tell her.

After she had left I went to the kitchen and thought about getting another drink but decided to go with water.
"I'm going to do my room, you can crash on the lounge if you want." I tell him as I sit next to him on my couch.
"Oh, I'm not sleeping. Not ready. I'll help you," he puts his chin on his palm and smiles at me for a while.
"What?" I knit my eyebrows.
"Nothing. You're just so beautiful," he smiles more.
"Ha. I don't think so."
"Sure, you are the most beautiful girl I know," he nods.
"Thanks, Jamie," I put my glass down. For a moment we stared at each other.
"Well!" I break the silence. "We should continue on my room."