Chapter 16

~what happens when the one who broke your heart is the only one who can fix it?~
My dads face was bruised horribly, his eyes full of hurt, tears swell in my eyes but I try force them down. James eyes were wide, the widest I've ever seen them, he looked at me and nodded. One man was only a meter from me when one of my arrows flew into his chest with a whistle and he fell to the floor. Oh god, I lean down checking his pulse, he's dead. I feel sick again, but this time when the guard comes at me I drop the bow and go into a hand stand, my legs wrapping around his neck and I flip back to my feet as his body slams to the floor at my feet. I smirk, punching another in the mouth making him fall next to his friend. I run over to my dad who is looking at me wide-eyed.
"Dad," I whisper pulling at the rope around his wrists untiring the rope.
"Emma?" He says weakly.
"Yes, dad," I smile tears running down my face under the mask. I untie his ankle ropes and help him to his feet holding him over with all my arm strength, one of his arms around my shoulders.
"James, we need to contact someone," I say going to the table that has the computer, radio, phone and now that I'm close, it has a piece of paper that has contact numbers. Perfect. I smile letting my dad stand on his own and James next to me. I scan the numbers and find one that says 'life rescue and save'. That should be the right number.
"Emma, can you call please? I need to find the oth-" but the door to the room slammed open and the others ran in. Edmund went straight to dad and hugged him. I pull from my pocket the syringe and tube I stole from the box and tell Edmund to inject it into dads arm, he hesitates at first but does it. While James is calling for help, I watch as my dad springs to life, my mum stands there, her straight brown and blond hair shining. She smiles with tears and runs to my dad hugging him like a bear.
I then spot another door, I run over to it, I open it revealing a set of steep stairs, I use the torch on the bow to see where in going, then I see a ship. It huge and looks like it's in great condition.
I run back carefully to the others, "cancel the call for now," I tell James who obeys. "There is a ship, if it works, we can set sail out of this horrible place."