Chapter 3

~without just one nest, a bird can call the world home, life is your career~
During my schooling years, James and I were a thing and dated for a while but then he got a little jealous of my bestfriend Jessie Blackthorn. Jessie confessed that he liked me so James got jealous. When Jessie moved to Shanghai a while ago James started to relax around me, things stopped being awkward with the two of us. Him and I are just friend now. Best friends.
I've always had a soft spot for him, although it isn't really a good soft spot, I still have some feelings for him.. I used to think he was more than a human but what a treacherous thing to believe a person is more than a person.
"Just remember that sometimes, the way you think about a person isn't always the way they are," Edmund had reminded me after James and I had broken up.
Edmund and Lucie are Best friends and have never thought of each other that way.
Gabriel always thinks he is the odd one out, but he isn't. If I told you why, you would think he was the odd one too. but he isn't. So you don't need to know.
Gideon is like Gabriel when he was 19, although Gab had his life planned out once he had turned 18, Gideon is still working on that. I haven't seen Jessie in over 7 years, he just left the country.
James and Lucie's parents, Sorrel and Simon, they got a divorce 9 years ago. We never understood fully why because Sorrel doesn't talk about it. Simon, well, he moved all the way to Serbia.
On the plane I sit on the window side, Edmund next to me, Gab next to him and James and Lucie behind us. I have music in my ears, blasting my favourite songs. The morning sun shining over the horizon making everything look as if it is a perfect city like a wonderland. But it's only a small country that I grew up in.
Planes aren't my favourite but if it's to find my parents, I'd do anything. ANYTHING. It will be very dangerous to go to Lian Yu, but if my parents are there, it will be worth the risk. I take out the book I am currently reading that's called 'Fire and Ice' it is the second book in the first Warrior Cats series. Sorrel actually got me caught into these books, my mum used to read them in high school, of course, Sorrel was the one who got my mum into it as well.
Now for the boring 12 hour flight.