Chapter 21

~if I let myself care, all I feel is pain~

I wanted to go to James' place but he wasn't answering his phone so I left it. Oliver wanted to go shopping for books, defiantly my brother. So I took him. We were just walking past a shop near QBD-the bookstore that Oliver wants to go to-when someone comes up to me.
"Excuse me?" The old lady says touching my arm with my horrible scar on it.
"Yes m'am?"
"I couldn't help but notice your face. You were the brave young lady who saved her two parents, aren't you?" I look over at Oliver.
"I wouldn't really call myself brave," I smile.
"Oh I would," she says. "Are your parents good?"
"Yeah, they are doing good. Thank you." I feel awkward standing there, my scar out in the open.
"Here," she pulls out a book. "You must be ruined from everything, this will help you."
"Oh thank you but I am fine," I say as polite as I can.
"You are very brave, remember that," and the lady walks off. I sigh turning to Oliver but he isn't there, then I walk to QBD and he is there.
"Can I get this book?" He holds up The Eye of Minds by James Dashner. He wrote my favourite book series as a kid The Maze Runner. I nod and say he can get more than one. He gets 5 before deciding not to spend all my money.
I get a call from Edmund as I get into the car.
"Mum and dad said we can have a party tonight," by the way he is talking I can tell he is smirking.
"Why?"
"Because, since we have been back, we haven't been real.... social. And dad wants to invite his school friends and so does mum."
"Let's have a party!" I almost shout making Oliver get too excited. But then I remember Edmund's and mine 16th birthday party. It was great. Mum and dad weren't together but he still came. And James had given me a promise ring. My dad and mum got back together when they were caught in our library kissing by Uncle Finn. The two have been like real parents since then. They always were but with the two of them it was like we were a normal and happy family. Especially when my mum found out she was pregnant again with Oliver. James and I were dating at the time but my parents didn't know. The story about Nita-who my dad was with while he wasn't with my mum-and how she died still goes around. Her last name was Cockowl and the girl that made out with James while him and I were dating, her name is Amour Cockowl. I never told my mum or dad about her. But what if that is Nita's daughter? But with who? She has tan skin, but her mum had light skin, so that would mean that the father of Amour would have to either ace tan skin or dark skin and when she was made, resulted in tan skin. She looks half Sri Lankan as well. but she doesn't think so. She doesn't even know who her parents are. She lives with her Aunty as a child. I call her.
"Amour?"
"Emma?!" She sounds surprised.
"Listen, Amour, I know we don't like each other but I really need to talk to you. I have having a party tonight at my parents house, please come?"
"Is it important?"
"Yes."
"Then see you tonight." She clicks off and I think to myself, that was easy.