Chapter 17

~you hurt yourself to feel better in your own skin~
The Ship actually worked, it took a while to learn how to get it out of the submarine and on the water, but we did it successfully. We have been on the ship for 8 hours now, my dad is driving it. James had called Gideon to ask if he could meet us at the docks. It feels like the best thing being off that island, my mum and dad are really shaken up. What am I going to do with this bow? I can't keep it, it is illegal! Well, if I had a box I could lock it in. I stand up and go to the basement of the ship, looking for a box like the one Slade had. I see a meter long one, with a lock, perfect, I tell myself. I open it, revealing a large enough space for my hood, mask, bow and arrows, I quickly put all four items in, closing and locking it. I then carefully carry it up to the deck.
"What are we doing with the hoods and masks?" James asks me as I set the box down.
"Here, put all your weapons and things in here," I unlock and open my box and they all carefully set their things down specially so we knows who's is who's.
I plot myself next to James staring ahead of us at the out stretched sea.
"That was hell." He says with a small frown.
"Yeah. But," I look at him sideways. "We'll never forget it."
"True," he smiles a little. I wince when I move my left arm from where I got cut from a guard. "Do you regret it?"
I turn to look at him again. "Like, do you regret going?" He corrects.
"Never." I say bluntly. "I saved both my parents, that's all I care about right now." I pause.
"And to get home," I tell him with a sad look. I shiver as a cool sea breeze runs along my body.
"It will take a while for things to go back to normal, won't it?" He asks with an expression I can't read.
"Yep."

A/N: hey guys! I have decided to change how I present the story.
I will be now putting in flashbacks from Emma's past. And also at the present day.