Chapter 9

~there is something about words. In expert hands, manipulated deftly, they take you prisoner. Wind themselves around your limbs like spider silk, and when you are so enthralled you cannot move, they pierce you skin, enter your blood. Numb your thoughts. Inside you they work their magic~
Thoughts rambling my head, how can anyone live here? It is really horrible in this dungeon prison. The floor covered in slippery liquids and light dimmed down. The name Nyssa Al Ghul is a nice ring to myself.
"I was really surprised when I found out many people got thrown on this island," Deathstroke randomly says. "I needed new warriors in my league. I came across this one person who was too weak to join I threw him out instead of killing him, apparently he was found almost dead and I'm not surprise." Almost dead, the two words repeating in my mind over and over again.
"Nice story, one eye dude. Wanna hurry up?" Gab snaps and Deathstroke stops on his tracks and slowly turning. He passes myself and James and stands only a couple inches from Gabs face.
"No one talks to me like that, little boy," he growls. I was so scared he would hurt Gab but weirdly he didn't touch him. "Name?"
"G-Maseo Yamashiri," Gab fixes. Maseo Yamashiri?
"Well, G-Maseo don't ever, ever talk to me like that or else you will join the others under the dirt, got it?"
"Sure," Gab snarls and Deathstroke leads the way again.
"You all have to learn to shut your mouth," Slade whispers. "As for you, Nyssa, you know what to say." and I nod.
The air getting thinker as we walk down the green mossy stone steps. The stench of dirtiness getting stronger, then we are in a large room, and small jail cellars lining up. He leads us down the second row until stopping.
"All the newest prisoners would be in this row, hurry if you want out in time." and with that he leaves and the lights turn up illuminating the whole isle. a few voices start up as I look threw the bars at people.
"Renee?" I hear Slade say quietly. "Renee, are you here?"
"He-Slade, is that you?!" My mums voice says making me want to cry but I hold it in.
"Renee, I said you could join us," Slade laughs.
"Henry!" Edmund whispers loudly.
"EDMUND?!" My mums voice shouts and I run over to the cellar that she is in and tears fall down my cheeks under the mask.
"Mum," I whisper and she gets tears.
"Emma, what are you doing here?" My mums voice loud and worried. "You should be safe!" Now she sound just angry.
"Renee, calm," Gab says.
"Gabriel?" She says, James, Lucie as Gab step next to Edmund and I.
"We are risking our lives to save you and Leon," James says.
"I love you guys," my mum sobs.
"Mum, please." I say. "Where. Is. Dad?"
My mum looks up.
"I haven't seen him since before I blacked out after landing in Africa."
"Great," Edmund throws his hands up. "DAD?!" He shouts over and over.
"Edmund! Shh, if John comes he will know your name isn't Ra's," I say.
"Mum, have you seen any sign of dad?" I ask and she shakes her head.
"Done Yet?!" Deathstrokes voice appears and so does he.
"We need to use this person," I say pointing to my mum and eying her and the others saying that I got it.
"Nyssa, so persistent," he laughs looking at my mum.
"We need more warriors, it will only create our truce stronger," I continue. "She is all we ask for."
He takes a long time before answering.
"Okay, NYSSA," he spits my name. "You can have her. She is weak anyway."
Edmund goes to protest and hurt him but Slade holds him back. He takes out keys and after a minute or two he finds the key he needs and unlocks it and my mum is straight out.
"Thank you, we appreciate it," Edmund says calmly.
"But, G-Maseo, if I ever see you again and you talk to me like you did, watch out!" And he nods stiffly and we all run out, grabbing out weapons as we go. We go through the woods, my hand in my mums guiding her through the maze of trees. And then we finally get to the beach where 100 or even more people in matching colours await. The rest of the Justice League.