Myaloú

Andrew

Lets me just get something straight before we move on to reality. I was totally unprepared for what was coming. I had so much faith in Hylla I thought that once the demons saw her entering the force field without a problem they would re-think their decision of wanting to help Kevin.

I slowly opened my eyes. My head spinning from...from what? I didn't know why my head was spinning. I was at the top of a mountain cliff, looking up at the starry sky. I sat up looking around. The air was hot, the wind brushing softly against my skin. The sound of men shouting in the background.
I stood up and dusted my clothes.
"What's going on?" I asked.
A tall thin man standing at the tip of the cliff. He turned. His face was darker than the midnight sky. Two vicious red eyes starring at me.
"Andrew Black."
"Who are you?"
"You have given me everything I ever needed. You gave me this world." He walked towards me hurriedly, grabbing me by the collar and dragging me towards the edge.
"Look at it Andrew, Look at my victory. "
I looked out over the burning meadows.  Thousands of lifeless werewolves scattered across the fields. Women shouting in the distance their lifeless children in their arms and right there in the middle, there she was Hylla.
Her long white hair was stained red from the blood flowing from the hole in her chest. Her heart had been ripped out. Her power had been stolen. My heart was shattered into pieces. Maybe it was time I admitted to myself that I had really fallen in love. I had given in to my feelings. I let my emotions escape. I did exactly what I promised myself I wouldn't do.
My heart pounded in my chest, I didn't know what to feel... My head wanted to explode. I knew this was my fault, but I didn't know why or how. For a short while, I felt guilty, and then I remembered. We were only just outside Georgia's home. How did I end up here?
"With you Andrew, I can now rule the world."
And he was right. With me, he could rule the world but I would never stand by his side. I would never offer him my power. I wouldn't give him anything, not willingly. That was for sure...

"Kevin you...." I pounced on him and he instantly disappeared. Turning around to see him Smiling back at me. But this time it wasn't Kevin or the man with the red eyes.
"Myaloú!" I muttered as he threw his head back in laughter. His horns reflected the flames from the fire behind him.
"Son of  Benjamin, you are stronger than I thought."
Myaloú, the demon of the mind, I thought. Strong indeed. But I was stronger.
"Your right, Im stronger than you think!" I said running towards him.
"You're real. This is real. You're in my mind. You're here with me."
I reached out and clawed at his face. He screamed in pain as he stumbled back. Blood slowly trickled down his face. He roared as he reached out for me, I  dodged, and as he missed he reached out automatically with the other hand. His long, dirty talons reached out to me. I was hoping he wouldn't reach me.
Just a tiny scratch could make me paralyzed. Not my body though, the venom of Myaloú paralyzes the mind of a person. One of the 10 strongest demons to exist across the folds.
If Kevin was using this strong of a demon to stop us from reaching Georgia and the others, then what exactly did they know that he didn't want us to find out? Maybe they had found out his plans. Maybe Kevin was up to something much, much more intense than just stealing Hyllas power. And what he needed the power for alone, was a mystery to us. A mystery to me.
Our very short fight had been interrupted by the screaming of a very familiar voice. This scream was different from the dying people on the field beneath us. This scream was in my mind. I could feel her voice vibrating throughout my body. It wasn't a scream of pain. It was a scream of power. Hylla. She was definitely stronger than the demon that decided to attack her. Maybe it was also Myaloú.
He had been using his mind ticks on the three of us, in a conjoined hallucination. Clever.
And if Hylla already figures that part out before me then Diago did as well. Since he got his memory back he turned out to know more about our world than any of us did.
I saw from the corner of my eye a tiny bit of blue light shining at the tip of the cliff. So that was it, the seam of the hallucination. Everyone makes mistakes and I just found Myaloú's. I took a deep breath and. I wasn't a coward. I was an Alpha. I was stronger than the rest of the team. I was born a wolf. I raced to the edge of the cliff, holding my breath as I leaped off, and as I had expected I was falling to my death. I had overcome the toxins of Myaloú's touch. I broke through his hallucination. I was now standing in someone else's hallucination, and it didn't look pretty either.

Diago was curled up in the corner of a burning forest. His home smashed to the ground. His hair and face were dirty from the ash of his belongings. He looked scared. His head was between his knees. I swore I could hear soft little weeps as I neared him. Something really bad had happened. I reached out and shook him slightly.
"Hay bud."
"Noo! They took my mom!"
"Diego!"
"They're taking my mom!"
A child's mind. And as much as I hated to think it. Diego wasn't seeing his worst fear. He was revisiting one of his worst memories. The day his mother was taken away from him. But this wasn't real. He was only imagining it.
I looked him in the eyes and gathering all my strength I growled at him.
"WAKE UP DIEGOOO!!!"
He stood up instantly, snapping out of his whimsical cry and looking up at me in shock.
"What's going on?" He asked.
"We're in a shared hallucination."
"No way." He laughed, wiping the tears from his face. "The mind demon, Myaloú?"
"Yes. Get up now. We need to find Hylla."
And as I said that, there it was again. The scream from before.
Before we could move, it was that flicker of light from earlier. So blue it forced me to close my eyes. Ripping through the hallucination as if it didn't exist. I heard Myaloú howling in pain. His ear-piercing screams.

And for that moment again...I was completely shocked by the power of Hylla knight.