Continuing whatever is happening in the elevator

"Y/n? Hello Y/n?"

You snap back into reality.

"Yeah I'm still waiting for your apology", Hyunjin says leaning on the elevator door.

"Can't you at least like...call someone?"

"I already told you there's no reception here- what's gotten into your brain".

"I'm just...scared, angry...tired.."

"So um....excited about your new job?"

"How could I be when I get to see your ass everyday?"

"That's true...."

Hyunjin sits down and you sit down on the opposite side to him.

"Are you dating someone?"

Hyunjin clears his throat. "No- why?"

"I'm just asking" , you shrug, "do you think we would ever get out of here alive".

"Of course we will, don't be stupid- surely somebody has realised that I'm missing now"

"The world doesn't revolve around you 24/7"

Hyunjin stays quiet and the elevator dings again.

"That took long enough", you stand up but instead the light switches off in the elevator.

"FUCK", you end up tripping and collapsing somewhere".

"Y/n-"

"WHY DO YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'RE SO CLOSE"

"That's because I'm-"

"NO GET AWAY FROM ME", you say trying to shove away air from you.

"OW Y/N SERIOUSLY- I'm literally-", the light switches back on and you find yourself sitting on Hyunjin's lap with your faces a few inches apart. You quickly crawl away before Hyunjin reacts.

Hyunjin awkwardly clears his throat. "Maybe try falling asleep- I mean I think they're testing the lights to see if the elevator is still working. They must've realised we're gone by now- they'll come to help".

"SLEEP? IN HERE? WITH YOU? Oh hell no. I'd rather die"

Hyunjin sighs and leans back on the elevator wall. "Don't disturb me then, okay?"

"Okay", you look away trying to distract yourself. A few minutes later, you finally find the courage to see Hyunjin sleep, looking so cute and peaceful like he used to be years ago. You slowly crawl up to Hyunjin and smile as the memories flash back.

"What are you staring at", he says with his eyes still closed and you get startled.

"T-the emergency button on the elevator".

"I told you I already pressed it", he says sitting up, "you were staring at me".

"Yeah you're right- I was staring at how pathetic you still look after all these years".

"Ouch".

You pull back and you hair gets stuck into the buttons of his shirt.

"Oh shit....", you whisper trying to tug it away.

"Hey- stop moving", Hyunjin says pulling your hands away gently and trying to work on untying your hair from his buttons, "shit I can't- we are going to have to cut your hair".

"NO- just take the buttons off".

"WHAT- you want me to strip here? You are the one who came here and bought it on yourself-"

"Please- I won't look- I promise".

"Okay. Done"

You look up to see Hyunjin-

"HYUNJIN"

"WHY DID YOU LOOK"

"I DIDN'T KNOW YOU DIDN'T BUTTON YOUR SHIRT BACK UP"

"I LITERALLY JUST TOOK YOUR HAIR OUT- COULD'VE GIVEN ME SOME TIME"

"FUCK YOU HYUNJIN"

"There- I put my buttons back on"

You still don't look at him as you crawl back to the other side of the elevator.

"Do you really hate me that much, huh?", he says breaking the silence.

"Just date someone already".

"I am"

You finally look up to meet his eyes. They were pure, they weren't secretive. Who is he dating- an actress? An idol? Someone famous? Someone successful? Someone rich or pretty? WHY DOES IT MATTER TO YOU.

"Cool", you say and the silence continues on.

He bursts into laughter. "Don't tell me you're not dating anybody".

Should you tell him that you're married? He'll take you as a joke...."yeah I'm not and so what? I dated a few guys in a the past and they didn't meet my standards so-"

"Wow- huge ego. I feel bad for them- perhaps I was your standard all along".

You feel the goosebumps stand up on the back of your neck because god damn it he's right. Hwang Hyunjin had always been your standards all along.

He bursts into laughter which interrupts you from your thoughts. "You thought I was actually-", he chuckles, "you're so funny- I literally told you a few minutes ago I'm not dating anybody".

Oh shit- he's right. What's gotten into your head....

"You left me once to pretend to date Ji-ho even when you liked me so I'm not surprised of the things you can do".

Hyunjin scoffs and shakes his head, "you should know better- I'm nothing like that", and silence consumes the air.

The elevator dings again and you both rush to leave. A bunch of people are just laughing and cameras surround you both.

"The social experiment was very successful- can you please both sign these so we can put this on national television?"

"A what...", you say trying to dodge from the cameras. Hyunjin chuckles and signs the paper.

"You KNEW?"

"Of course I did".

"Why didn't anybody tell me?"

"It wouldn't have been authentic otherwise".

"ERGH- I hate you", you stomp off to start your new work.

How could he just do this to you?? He is so fucking pathetic-

You kick your table scream into your hands. He made such a huge fool out of you.

"Hey, are you alright?", a soft masculine tone says from behind you.

"Yeah sorry I'm-", you turn around to see the most beautiful man you've ever seen in your life.

"Hey- I'm Jake- who are you?"
(Not the one from Enhypen but if you want to think that then be my guest 😭)

"Hey- I'm Jake- who are you?" (Not the one from Enhypen but if you want to think that then be my guest 😭)