Kurama x2

Suichi Minamino, better known as the demon Kurama, was walking towards home after school. The sun was nearing its resting point in the sky, creating an orangey ambiance. Everything was quiet save for Kurama's footsteps on the crunchy leaves that had fallen to the ground.

Kurama had his school bag slung over his shoulder, his other hang shoved in his pocket. He had recently chosen to live his life as Suichi in the living world, parting ways with Yusuke and Hiei. He hasn't seen them in quite a while, Yusuke going off to do who knows what and Hiei being tasked to keep humans out of demon world. Now he was going to live as a "normal" boy with his mother and her new husband. Life was great.

He opted to take a detour and cut through the park since it was such a nice day. He was fully committed to being a human, so more often than not he stopped and smelled the roses so to speak.

"Hm, that's strange."

Kurama came up on a pod of some sorts. From where he was standing, he couldn't see what was inside it. Though, he decided to keep his distance in case it was dangerous. Something from demon world maybe?

He heard rustling from the trees and immediately pulled out his rose whip. A black shape flew at him and he struck it without hesitation. "Ouch!" It had exclaimed.

Kurama tilted his head questioningly as he peered down at the creature. "A crow goblin?"

"Yeah! What about it? You hit me you jerk!" The crow rubbed his head where a bruise was quickly forming.

The crow appeared to be harmless, causing Kurama to feel a spike of shame. "Sorry..."

More crows like it appeared and crowded around the first crow, making sure that their brother was okay. They were all dressed in little clothes and hats, it was quite a site.

"Hey you!" said the first crow Kurama had struck. "Before you had so rudely interrupted me, I was going to ask you something!" He waddled over, pointing a feather at him. "You're perfect!"

"Huh?!" Kurama was confused. The juxtaposition of the statements hit him like Yusuke's spirit gun. "Pardon?"

"You're perfect." the crow repeats.

Kurama furrowed his brows. "I'm not sure I follow..."

The other crows crowd around him, forcing him backwards towards the pod. "Our princess has been looking for her love and you're it! She loves the handsome ones!"

"What?"

"You need to kiss her! Go on!"

"H-hold on–"

Kurama fell backwards onto the pod. If he wanted to, he could swat all the crows away but he didn't want to cause them more harm. They're just so small... And probably not that smart. He looked over his shoulder, into the pod's glass.

In it, was a pale skinned woman with short black hair with wings on the sides of her head. Another demon maybe. Like him. This must be their princess.

"Quick!" Shouted the crows. "Open it!"

Kurama's gaze shot back at them. "Now hold on, what exactly are you? What do you want?"

One of the crows sighed and rolled his eyes, lighting up a cigar. "Isn't it obvious? We're crows, and that is our Princess Kurama. You need to kiss her to wake her up from her sleep."

Kurama attempted to process this information. "What did you say her name was?"

"Kurama."

It was almost ironic.

Kurama withheld a chuckle and composed himself. "Heh," he stood up. "you may need to find yourself another man."

"B-but, she'll never wake up if we don't! Who knows how long it'll be until we find her perfect match!"