18. The Shopping

Max pov: 

Charles had gotten better so fast that I couldn't quite belive it. He was training hard for the next race and to be honest I kinda hoped that he would win. I knew that I would be the champion and so did Charles so in my mind Charles's happines was more important for me than me securing the championchip as early as possible. Unfortunately Charles had to fly to Maranello before leaving to singapore so I was currently playing fifa in my appartment alone. Charles had been gone four days already and I had started to miss him maybe too much, even tho we had been texting and calling every day. Luckily I was leaving to singapore tomorrow evening so I could see him in little bit under two days. We were both staying in the same hotel so we could be seen with each other there. 

I got frustrated because of the game and stopped playing and threw the controller away. I was laying on the sofa with Charles hoodie. I loved wearing his hoodies so I wore them pretty much all the time. I started thinking about what we could do when the winter break started. I knew that Charles wanted to visit Indonesia so I thought about booking us a trip there as a surprise. I decided to call Arthur so I could make sure Charles was free after Abu dhabi and hadn't booked a vacation already. It didn't take long before he picked up. 

"Hey Max what's up?" He asked.

"Hey I was thinking that I want to surprise Charles and book a holiday for us after Abu dhabi, so I wanted to make sure that he was free then" I said smiling while looking for flights at my computer. 

"yeah I have his Calendar and he's free after the post season testing and doesn't have anything untill new year" Arthur said slowly. 

"Great, thank you Arthur" I smiled. 

"No problem! Can I ask where you want to take him?" 

"I was thinking Indonesia, do you think that's something he will like?" I asked. 

"Oh that's great choise, he has been talking about wanting to go to bali for like the whole year" Arthur said sounding excited. "Now I'm just sad that I can't go with him, but I'm sure you will have a lot of fun" I could hear the tone switching and I chuckled. 

"Yeah he has been talking about that a lot. But can you make sure he doesn't book a trip to that week or a trip to Bali for that matter?" 

"Yep I can do that if you make him bring me some souvenirs from Singapore" Arthur laughed. 

"Great I will do that. Do you have something in mind that you want?" I asked. 

"Hmm, I have been wanting the Dior sneakers that Charles has" He said sounding a little shy, maybe because they were quite expensive. 

"Sure I'll se what I can do about that! But I have to go pack and book the tickets now bye" I said and hang up. I purchased flights from dubai to bali and a five star hotel so we could relax properly. I was so excited that I could take Charles on a proper vacation. When my phone rang and I saw Charles calling me I freaked out a little because I didn't want to spoil the surprise, but after few deep breaths I answered the face time call. 

"Hi Max I miss you! What are you doing?" Charles said smiling. I saw that he was laying in bed. 

"I miss you too, but not long before we're in Singapore" I said happily. "I was just going to pack my bags". We talked the whole night and Charles kept me company while I packed my bags. When the clock was ten we ended the call and I went to sleep happily. 

The next day rolled around, and I slept surprisingly well. I had to go to the gym with my trainer to do last preparations for the weekend. I saw Daniel at the gym and we chatted a bit before I left. It was almost certain that he wouldn't have a seat next season and I was sad because he was my best friend after all. Daniel didn't know what he would be doing next year or he just didn't want to tell me yet. After the gym I didn't really know what I should do. There was still plenty of time before the flight so it led me to just pacing around the house while thinking about what I should do. Finally I decided to just leave to the airport four hours before the flight wich was a good decicion. They were running low with staff so even tho I had buisness class seat I still had to wait in line for security check and baggage drop ect.