31. Insecurities

Max pov: 

It had been a good weekend for me, another win in my pocket. Charles however had had one of the worst races of the season. He was only sixth behind his team mate Carlos. The car was bad and Charles was tired. He had told me that he just wanted the season to end. It was understandable and I felt bad about that. But on the bright side it was finally the week of our Coldplay concert. We would be flying to Brasil on friday and the concert would be on saturday. Charles was very excited about it and so was I. I had been seacretly learning all the lyrics for their biggest hits and they had many good songs. 

I had also been thinking about how I or we should tell about us to my father. He had been asking me about if I had a girlfriend more than normal and I was getting tired of it. Charles said that he was fine with telling my father about us but I didn't know if I was ready. He was homophobic and I knew that. When I was small he had told me that boys like girls not boys. Luckily I had an awesome mother and sister who always told me that I could love whoever I wanted. 

In the last few days some photos of me on the beach in the summer break were leaked to the internet and I couldn't escape the hate that I was getting. I knew that I didn't have the sixpack, wich about all the other drivers had. I know thinking about this was ridiculous. I also knew that I wasn't the most handsome man out there, so I had been wondering how Charles could like me. He was one of the most beautiful and handsome man on earth and I wasn't. So safe to say that I had also strugled a lot recently. Thankfully the mess with Charlotte and Mattia had been sorted out succsesfully, so at lest Charles was happy. I couldn't tell him about my issues now that everything was going good again. 

I was laying in our hotelroom bed while thinking about all of these things. Charles had gone to town with Pierre so I was alone and it was the best time to think about all of these things. Suddently I remembered that Daniel had asked me to do something with him whenever I had free time, so I decided to give him a call. The phone beeped four times before he answered. 

"Hey Max! How are you doing?" He asked, I could hear him smiling while talking. I debated weather I should tell him the truth or just lie like a normal pearson. But before I could think about what I was saying the words just flew out of my mouth. 

"I'm doing terrible, I need to talk to you" I said and then slapped my hand on my mouth scared about what I had said. It was silent for few seconds before Daniel started speaking.

"Thanks for telling me Max, where do you want to meet?" He asked smile long gone now. I almost asked if we could go somewhere eating since I was so hungry, but it made me uncomfortable right now so I asked if we could go for a walk. Daniel agreed and we agreed on meeting in the lobby in five minutes. I quickly got out of bed changed my clothes and texted Charles that I would be going out with Daniel. He replied immediately with 'Okay have fun<3'. I smiled at my phone, how could someone make me feel so warm inside by just texting me. 

"Hey loverboy!" I heard Daniel saying right in front of me. I quickly turned my phone off. Hopefully he hadn't seen our messages. there were a lot of let's just say intimate messages on top of the todays text. 

"Hey Daniel" I greeted him smiling. Even if we had been talking about going for a walk ee headed to a restaurat next to the hotel since we were both hungry. We were guided to a table in the back so we could get a little privacy. When we sat down Daniel leaned rorward and spoke quietly. 

"Where is Charles, why are you not with him, or has something happened?" He asked. 

"We're doing good, nothing to complaine about that, he's out with Pierre" I said. 

"Well then what's wrong?" Daniel asked. I knew I had to tell him since I had started this convesation even if it was on accident. 

"My dad is homophobic and I don't know how I should tell him about me and Charles" I said. I decided to start with the thing mostly on my mind. Daniel looked at me with a face that said he was trying to think of a good answere.