10. the Monza

Charles pov:

It was the night between thursday and friday and I wasn't able to sleep. I guess it was because of the nerves. Racing in Italy as Ferrari driver was always stressful. I guess I was little bit nervous, because I knew Charlotte would be here. I don't know why tho. 

"Why are you awake?" I flinched.

"I thought tha you were sleeping" I whispered. 

"Well you are awake so now I am awake too" Max said. he pulled me closer. I was again the little spoon. 

"I was just thinking about everything" I sighed. 

"It's three am. You should not be thinking anything right now. If you don't sleep Mattia will be mad" He stated. 

"Well he's leaving after this season so I'm not so worried" I said. Max moved so he was now facing me. 

"He's doing what now?" He was now wide awake. 

"Merde. I wasn't thinking no no no" Great now I had revealed a big seacret to red bull. I started to panick. 

"Shh Charlie it's okay I promise I will not tell this to anyone" Max assured me. 

"How am I supposed to trust that" I was now freaking out. I got out of the bed and started to pace around the room. "I'm so stupid" 

"I think that you are starting to trust me so you are accidentaly revealing your seacrets and I like that very much" Max tried to help me calm down. It didn't help. Next I would probaly say that I was gay without thinking about it. I had now stopped pacing around. I flinched when I felt two arms sneaking around my waist.

"Charlie it's okay, I swear I will not tell anyone" Max was now whispering to my ear. I got goose bumps all over my skin. I turned over and looked him in the eyes. 

"Promise?" I asked

"I promise" he smiled and gave me a kiss at the top of my head. Oh shit maybe he likes me. 

"We should go back to sleep" he whispered. I was not able to say anything so I just nodded. He guided me towards the bed and I just climbed on top of him. It didn't take very long for me to fall asleep when he was stoking my back. 

Max woke me up by speaking to someone on the phone. He was looking out of the window while he looked unhappy. 

"No I don't know when I will be free, but we agreed on not seeing each other anymore. Do you understand I don't have feelings for you. Even tho my dad thinks that you would be a great wife for me I don't think so and I think you are doing this only because my dad offered money for you, so the answere is no. Bye." He hung up the phone. 

"Who was that?" I Yawned. 

"Kelly" He said. 

"Oh I forgot about her, what even happened to you two?" I asked. I have never had courage to ask Max about this. 

"Well I never really loved her, but I want to focus on the race weekend so let's not talk about this. Okay?" He suggested and I nodded. 

It was now time for the first practice and I was feeling nervous. I had to win this week so the tifosi could get something to celebrate. It was hard to concentrate if you were dressed like a banana. 

The first practice was good nothing really interesting in there. I was happy and hungry. I noticed Carlos on the other side of the garage. 

"Hey mate do you want to go eat together?" I asked. 

"Sure! Meet me in five outside of the garage?" He asked and I nodded before going to change my banana suit. We had grate time eating and catching up. 

"So how are you and Lando doing?" I winked.