23. Champion

He had done it. Max had won the Championchip even tho everyone knew that it would come, it was still a huge achievement. 

Max pov: 

When I crossed the finish line first I was relieved and happy to have been able to win this race but I wasn't yet the Champion since we wouldn't get full points from this race and Charles was second. However when I got out of the car and Celebrated the win I saw Checo in second and Charles in third. 'It's just a mistake and no full points today still' I thought. We were all interviewed and I heard that Charles got five second penalty so Checo was second. When it was my turn to be interviewed first I got the normal questions but then. 

"Well Max you are now the wordlchampion how does it feel?" The presenter asked. 

"Am I?" I asked confused. and he just nodded. 

"Oh well it feels good and I am so thankfull the team has been amazing. At first there were some problems but we managed to overcome them and now we are her. A big thank you also to my family and loved ones who made this possible" I smiled. I saw Charles winking at me. He was literally the reason why I won this year (ferrari's shitty year and all that). After the interview I went to Celebrate with the team before going to the cooldown room. While I was walking there I still was thinking that I wasn't the Champion. 

"So are you a champion?" Checo asked me. 

"I think I'm not but I am not sure" I said. 

"You are a Champion" Jenson button said when he walked to the room and gave me a hug. 

"Are you sure?" I asked still a bit hesitant. 

"I am" He chuckled. 

"Well congrats then Champ" Charles said while hugging me. 

"I am still not convinced but okay" I laughed. After we watched some race highlights and spoke about the championchip we made our way towards the podium. I was so happy that It apparently was now sealed that I was the Champion. The Champagne tasted extra good and Charles's eyes sparkled with happines. I knew he was disappointed because of his own season but he looked happy for me. I wanted this moment to last forever, but then Charles and Checo started soaking me up with the Champagne so it didn't felt so nice anymore. But nothing could bring me down after this. 

Me and Charles were flying back to monaco this evening so after the interviews I went back to the garage for only a short time before saying goodbyes. Me and Charles had agreed to meet at the hotel lobby in two hours so I went to shower eat and pack my bags. I was happy but nervous as I had been the one causing Charles problems and sleeples nights, but I knew I would make it all up for him. Just before I was going to leave the room there was a knock at the door. 

"Hey what are you doing here?" I asked. 

"Well I wanted to kiss and hug you properly before we can't anymore" Charles smiled as he came inside. "I am just so proud of you, Je t'aime" He said while wrapping his arms around me. 

"I love you too" I said while giving him a kiss. The kiss started deepening and Charles's hands were mooving under my hoodie. 

"We have to leave Charlie" I broke the kiss. 

"I would have wanted to see you down on your knees first, but yeah I want to go home too" He said. I blushed but recovered quickly and we left to the airport. While I was driving and Charles sitting in the passenger seat, Coldplay was playing on the radio. I started singing quietly and Charles turned to look at me. 

"Have you been practicing the lyrics?" He asked grinning. Oh how I had missed that face and his voice. Luckily I had realised that I was the cause of our fight and Now I could make it up to him.