29. Planning the fight

Charles pov: 

I was happy since my race had been good. I still had a chance to get second place in the championchip. When I got back to our hotel room Max wasn't there yet. I sat down on the bed and openned my phone. Immediately I froze when I saw an email that had came from an anonymous person. 

'Dear Charles since you are dating Max and putting Ferraris seacrets at risk I have no other options anymore. You have to choose either, I will tell about you to the press or you will brake up with Max. You have three days time to tell me wich you picked. If you picked wrong the I'm not responssible for the consiquenses. This sport doesn't need gay drivers and you have to understand that. You hurt me now I will hurt you. Oh and I have proof.' 

I couldn't move. Under the message was a picture of me and Max in Monaco walking and holding hands. What was I supposed to do in this situation. We were not ready to come out yet, but I didn't want to loose Max. He was my everything. At the same time the door to our room openned and Max walked inside. 

"Hey Charles we have to get tacos tomorrow when we get to Mexico, I have been craving them for the whole weekend" He said sounding happy. Then he noticed me and walked towards the bed. 

"Charles, what's wrong?" He asked sounding scared. I couldn't say anything. I just looked at him in the eyes. Max took my phone and read the message. He slowly lifted his eyes back to mine. 

"What are we going to do?" He whispered. I didn't know what we could do. I was so tired to ferrari and how they treated me and Carlos. i was sure that someone from Ferrari was behind this. However I think it's not Mattia since if he told the press about us he would get all the crap from it. Max sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me. 

"We will figure this out together, don't worry" He said while kissing my face. Still I was worried. This could ruin both of our careers and I wasn't even a worldchamp yet. We just sat there quietly, both unsure what we should do next. 

"I don't want to lose you" Max said to me braking the silence. The words were just what I wanted to hear, but still I didn't know what to do with them. 

"I don't want to lose you either, but what could we do about this. I mean we don't even know who sent the message to me" I said pretty unsure about things. 

"I think it was clearly Mattia" Max said immediately. "He has been shitty towards you about our relationship, wich btw whould have been nice to know" Max said looking at me smiling. 

"I think it's not Mattia. If he told about us to the press he would get all the crap about it or at least I hope he would, but how do you know about what Mattia said on saturday?" I asked confused. I hadn't told about it to Max since he had other things to be worried about. 

"This morning when I was going to speak with Christian I found Mattia in his office and they were speaking about us" Max said. "Why didn't you tell me about that?" He asked sounding hurt. 

"Because you were so stressed and sad about Dietrich passing I didn't want you have anything else you should be worried about" I said now a bit hurt also, he was kinda blaming me about this. 

"Oh yeah" Max said now embarassed about his behaviour. "But should we ask help with this? I think Seb or Lewis would maybe know what to do with this" Max suggested carefully. 

"Yes I don't see why we can't ask them since they already know about us" I shrugged my shoulders. We decided that I would text seb and Max would text Lewis. 

"So what do we write to them?" I asked. I obviously had never been in a situation like this so I had no idea how to approach this. 

"Hey, so me and Max have a little problem and we need your help. How about you send that first and then when Seb answeres you tell him the rest" Max suggested.