Chapter 35 Xaiver

Four weeks. That's how long it's been since the battle at our packhouse and the fight with the rogues. Since then, half the women and children we offered sanctuary to decided to stay. The other half left to pursue other opportunities. All of the men in the cells were turned over to the Archers and the realm for further questioning. Most of the children were adopted by members of our pack and only a few remained in the orphanage.

True to her word, Thea stayed at the packhouse and refrained from any of her Archer duties throughout the entire month. We both fell in love with Milly and Natalie so, naturally, they moved into the packhouse with us and Logan. There was no official adoption yet, just as there was no official Luna ceremony or acceptance between the two of us yet. Thea wasn't ready for anything official.

I was breaking through her cold exterior, though, rest assured, slowly but surely.

"Xaiver?" Speaking of Thea. I heard her voice before my office door was thrown open.

"Yes, my love?" I chuckled at her pout.

"Lion is impossible." She huffed, plopping down on the couch in my office.

"What's he done now?" The two of them never failed to get on each other's nerves and, in turn, on mine.

"He threw out my soup because he was afraid it was poisoned." She grumbled.

"And why did he think it was poisoned?"

"He said it smelled funny." She looked at me with a dramatic expression, "It was vegetable soup. The idiot just doesn't know what a vegetable is!" She threw her hands up in frustration.

I couldn't help but laugh at her expense, earning myself a very heated glare.

"I'm sorry, my dear. Look, I'm finished work. How about we go upstairs together for the evening?" I offered.

I shut off my computer and stood up from the chair. I walked around my desk and towards Thea, offering her my hand. She sighed and took it, allowing me to pull her from the sofa. I scooped her up in my arms and carried her bridal style through the packhouse.

"Xaiver!" She cried out, kicking her legs wildly.

"Watch it, love." I chuckled, manovering her away from my body as her feet kicked dangerously close to an important area of interest.

Her legs froze and she crossed her arms, looking like a pouting toddler. I nudged open my bedroom door and kicked it shut, tossing her down on the bed. She giggled as she bounced on the mattress, sending me spiraling out of control. Cain growled in my head and my eyes darkened. I crawled on top of Thea and nuzzled my face into her neck.

Her arms went around me and her fingers found my hair, tugging at it gently. I growled and nipped at her skin, trailing kisses from her collar bone, to her jaw, and back down again. Then, I found her lips and I moved ravishingly against her, our bodies smashed together as close as they could get. I ran my hands down her body and underneath her shirt. She shivered as my fingertips grazed her bare skin, thumbing at her bra until it was out of my way.

"Xaiver." She gasped when I released her lips which only encouraged me.

I smirked at her with a crooked grin before I disappeared under her shirt. She gasped loudly when my mouth found her breasts. I tugged off her shirt and bra, discarding them on the ground. I kissed my way down her stomach until I was at the hem of her pants. I looked up at her through my eyelashes and saw all I needed to see to be encouraged to keep going. Thea was biting her lip, a haze hanging over her lidded eyes. She nodded once as I began to unbutton her jeans.