Chapter 10 Xaiver

I was with Shay, Yaya, and Logan on the back patio of the packhouse, spending some quality time with my son, when Frankie and Lion came running out. They looked like a pair of rabid dogs with their wild eyes and crazed expressions.

"What is wrong with you two?" I glared at them as they startled Logan.

"Sorry, we just have some news about the girl." Frankie eyes Logan when he said the girl. I knew what he meant and why he didn't want to say her name around my son. We didn't want to get his hopes up about Thea returning.

Shay and Yaya walked over towards their mates to greet them. Logan ran off towards the small playhouse in the backyard and two guards followed him.

"What did you find out?" I asked eagerly. It had been three days since I asked them to find Thea's family.

"She's a Greyback." Frankie answered and I felt my eyes bugged out of my head.

"As in the twin Alphas from Satin Moon?"

Satin Moon was a pack outside of Atlanta, Georgia. It wasn't too far from our own territory and we knew them well. My grandfather and the twins' father created an alliance between our packs when they were young Alphas and we continued it to this day. The twins both shared a mate, one Luna who ruled over both their packs, since they had added a Warrior division to their pack over twenty years ago.

"She's their daughter." Frankie said.

"I guess that explains why she started training at such a young age. Rumor has it, one of the twin Alphas left for the Warrior pack as a teenager as well." I said.

"I heard the other Alpha and their Luna were both pretty chill, though." Lion added.

"I guess I should go pay them a visit. Frankie, can you take care of things here while I'm gone?" I asked my Beta, who nodded quickly.

"Of course."

"Shay and Yasmine, can you look after Logan?" I hated leaving him behind when there was still some sort of threat out there, but I didn't feel comfortable bringing him into a stranger's territory.

"We'll keep him safe." Shay smiled at me.

"Lion, you're coming with me." I said and my Gamma stepped towards me with a grin.

"Sure thing, boss." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Simply as a precaution. You are the future Luna's protector, after all." I leveled him with a gaze that said, don't make me regret bringing you along.

"And you know I take that responsibility seriously." It was about the only thing Lion took seriously.

"We leave in the morning." I told everyone before heading towards my son to spend some more time with him.

The next morning, Lion and I were in my truck driving out of the state. I decided not to bring any other guards with me to ensure that Satin Moon didn't feel threatened by my presence. It took a few hours to drive there, but we finally made it to Satin Moon's front gate before noon.

"Alpha Xaiver of Valor Moon here to see the Alphas and Luna." I greeted the guard at the gate. He radioed ahead and waited for confirmation to open the gate for us.

We drove down the short driveway to Satin Moon's small packhouse. They had a small, homey packhouse and separate buildings to conduct business or to gather with their pack instead of one large community packhouse. It was an interesting way to do things, I thought. We pulled into the large parking lot beside the packhouse.