Chapter 13 Thea

"Nice to see you, too, Thea." Quinny sneered as she and Tate walked into the hallway.

Quinny was the only daughter of the Alpha of the Red River pack in Atlanta. They bordered our pack and, therefore, were our allies. When Tate was 20, he went to a social event at Red River and discovered that Quinny was his mate. Since the Alpha didn't have any sons, he named Tate his successor and handed over the pack in less than a year.

Quinny was a plain girl with shoulder length brunette hair and boring brown eyes. Her face was caked with way too much makeup and she always dressed like she was ready for a party.

"Quinny." I grumbled, not even bothering to hide the irritation in my voice.

"Can't you two go five minutes before digging into each other?" Tate groaned, walking up to me and pulling me in for a hug. I tightly hugged him back.

"No, I cannot." I said as Tate pulled away and shook his head.

"Care to introduce me to your mate?" Tate nodded his head towards Xaiver.

"He can speak." I snapped and Tate rolled his eyes.

"I'm Xaiver." He said, stepping up and offering Tate his hand. Tate shook it,

"Tate, Thea's older brother and Alpha of Red River. This is my mate and Luna, Quinny." Tate answered formally.

"Pleasure to meet you." Xaiver replied before dropping his hand.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Mom mindlinked me the second he showed up." Tate said, "Come on, she's got lunch going." He nodded his head towards the kitchen and walked out, with Quinny in tow.

"What is that about?" Xaiver leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"My brother's mate and I don't get along." I grumbled.

"No kidding." Xaiver snorted.

"She's high maintenance and a spoiled brat. She's never had to work for anything in her life and she refuses to do anything, even as the Luna. She spends all of my brother's money on useless shit. The second I met her, she was trying to shove me out of Tate's life because she was jealous. Jealous of his fucking sister, like, who does that?" My hands were curled into fists as the anger rose inside my chest.

Xaiver turned me in his arms so I was facing him, cupping my face in his hands. I had no idea why, but the instant his eyes were on me and his skin was against mine, I began to calm down; the anger slowly dissolved away.

"Better now?" His voice was so soft and gentle as he ran his thumbs over my cheeks. I sucked in a breath, biting the inside of my cheek to keep from gasping. I simply nodded, unable to speak.

"You don't have to worry about any of that, now." He said, dropping his hands from my face and entwining his fingers with one of mine. I resisted the urge to whine in the absence of his warm hands on my face.

I led him out of the hallway and into the kitchen. My mother squealed and ran over to us, giving me a huge hug before trapping Xaiver in her grasp.

"I'm so glad you're staying." She smiled, kissing Xaiver's cheek. Papa stood and growled, but my mom just shooed him away.

"Enough of that, Archer." She rolled her eyes and drug Xaiver towards the table. I sat in my usual spot with Xaiver to my left.

"What's going on?" Dad asked.

"I have some personal time with the Archers, so I've decided to take it and spend a few weeks at Valor Moon." I replied simply. Mom and Dad's faces lit up while Papa continued to frown.