Chapter 12 Thea

I was pissed at how my body reacted to Xaiver, especially when he looked at me like this. His lust filled eyes made my knees weak and his crooked grin fogged my brain. That's how I found myself agreeing to give him a chance. His stupid face clouded my judgment and suddenly I was saying yes to spending a month or two at his packhouse, attempting to make our matebond work. I was pretty sure this man was going to be the death of me.

"Your mom said you haven't been home in a year." Xaiver's voice drew me from my daydreaming.

"Yeah, that sounds about right." I shrugged.

Xaiver had my hands in his and was drawing circles on the palm with his thumb. Every time he touched me, it sent a new round of sparks over my skin. It was annoying as shit.

"That's a long time to be away. Is that normal?" He asked.

"For me, it is. I take a lot of back to back missions." I said.

"Why?" He was trying to keep his expression emotionless but I knew an interrogation when I saw one.

"Because it's just easier that way." I pulled my hands from his so I could focus.

"What's easier?" His voice turned to a whisper as he looked at his now empty hands.

"You ask a lot of questions." I said.

"Oh, are questions not part of the deal?" Xaiver clocked me with that stupid grin again and I had to fight the smirk that threatened to take over my lips.

"I think you'll have a limit as to how many you can ask in a day." I grumbled and Xaiver chuckled, I felt my resolve waver at the sound of it.

"You should stay a while and be with your family. They clearly miss you." Xaiver said, changing the subject, "You can come to the packhouse whenever you're ready." He started to walk towards the door but I grabbed his wrist, forcing him to stop.

"Oh no. You got me into this mess, there's no way you're getting out of it so easily." I said, but Xaiver wasn't listening to me, he was too busy looking at my hand around his wrist. "Hello?" I waved my free hand in his face and he blinked, looking up at my face.

"Sorry, baby, your skin distracts me." He smirked and I glared at him.

"I am not a baby." I snapped and he started laughing.

"Would you prefer something different?" He was mocking me.

"My name is Thea." I answered plainly. Xaiver shook his head at me but ignored my comment.

"You don't want to spend some alone time with your family?" He asked.

"No. There's a reason I'm gone for a year at a time. You're ass showed up here uninvited, making me portal jump home before I was ready. So, your ass is staying here and dealing with the consconsins until I'm satisfied that you've learned your lesson." I was scolding him like I would one of my Archers. Instead of looking fearful, he looked amused.

"You talk about my ass a lot. Do you like it?" I shoved him away, hard, which only made him laugh harder. "It's okay, baby, I'll take my punishment from you without complaining." His dirty eyes made me blush, and I never blush.

"Go to hell." I growled, yanking open the door. His hands snaked around my waist and his lips brushed against my ear.

"Don't be mad at me." His thumb was running circles over my hip bone.

"I'm always mad at you." I snapped, trying to keep my voice from cracking. I felt his chest rumble as he chuckled.

"Oh I don't know, I smell something different on you right now." He kissed the soft spot under my ear and his teeth grazed my earlobe.