Chapter 20 Thea

I realized my mistake the second the mischievous glint turned Xaiver's eyes black. He encircled me in his arms, running his rough hands up my back and caressing me through my shirt. Once again, he ducked his head so his face was in my neck. His warm breath and soft nose brushed against my skin, sending goosebumps scattering up and down my body. I bit the inside of my cheek, keeping myself from gasping aloud.

"You won't miss me at all?" He mumbled, a low growl rumbling deep inside his chest.

I felt myself shiver when his lips pressed against my neck as light as a feather, again and again until he was at my jawline.

"Speak, my love." Xaiver chuckled, kissing his way up my jawline.

His teeth grazed against my earlobe and then he was nipping at my marking spot. I shuttered, my hands involuntarily reaching up to grab his arms. I dug my fingers into his biceps and I knew that, without his arms around me, my knees would buckle and I would be on the floor.

He removed his face from neck and our eyes met. His were burning, flashing between black and deep blue. His hand moved to cup my face, his thumb rubbing against my cheekbone. He pressed his lips to mine, gently at first, and then more hungrily. I felt my body responding to him, my lips matching his pace. When his tongue asked for entrance, I gave it to him, allowing him to explore the inside of my mouth.

Before I could stop it, a soft moan escaped my throat. In response, a deep, feral sounding growl built up from his chest and filled the space between us.

"Say you'll miss me." He purred, his face still so close that our lips were almost touching.

"I'll miss you." I croaked out, hardly able to form a coherent thought.

Xaiver's crooked smile lit up his face as he used the hand not gripping my waist to clear some loose strands of hair from my face.

"I knew you would." He chuckled, "Can I help you pack?" He asked, releasing my face and stepping away.

I resisted the urge to whine at his absence before shaking my head to clear away those thoughts, get a grip, Thea.

"Okay." I squeaked. Xaiver laughed at me again before taking my hand. He led the way upstairs to my room.

"You sure I can't go with you?" Xaiver asked as he sat on the corner of my bed. I was inside the closet, packing my suitcase. I stuck my head outside the door,

"You're the Alpha." I state obviously, surprised by his question.

"Yes, and the pack can stand to run a few days without me." He said, his eyes begging me.

"You really want to come with me?" I stepped out of the closet completely to get a good look at him. Xaiver jumped up from the bed and reached for me.

"I never want to leave your side. I would've asked sooner, but I was afraid you would think I was begging," He said, caressing my face, "But, sitting there, I decided that I didn't care." I giggled at his response and his eyes lit up.

"It's really nothing. Just a few days of observing some werewolf dominance." I said,

"Then, you won't mind observing mine, as well." He said, his eyes hardening.

"What do you mean?" I asked,

"A camp full of alpha males fighting for the ultimate Alpha position? A beautiful, capable, sexy, smart judge like yourself will gather all of their attention. I have to be there to ward them off. It's for your own safety." He tried to sound nonchalant but I could see the truth seething behind his eyes. He was dead serious.