Chapter 16 Thea

I walked through the halls of the compound in a blind daze. I felt like I was wearing rose colored glasses as I looked around, seeing my world in a new light. I hurried up the steps to my room and quickly packed my suitcase. I made sure to pack all of my comfy clothes since I wore those the most, including my racerback tank tops, loose fitting T-shirts, and all my leggings. I pack a few pairs of jeans and one or two nice blouses just in case. I didn't own many fancy clothes anyway, and forget about any dresses.

I carefully folded my Archer's uniform on the top of my suitcase just in case. I went into my bathroom and filled a small bag with my essentials: shampoo, bodywash, toothbrush and toothpaste, razors, and my hairbrush. I didn't require much. I tossed the bath bag into my suitcase and zipped it up. I looked around to make sure there was nothing else I needed before heading over to the gym area.

Off the weapons room was a large storage area where all the Archer's had individual lockers to keep our personal weapons in. I punched my code into the keypad and pulled open the locker door. Grabbing a weapons bag from the bin in the back of the room, I started piling my weapons inside including my bow, quiver, knives and daggers, and my set of dueling swords in their red sheaths.

I zipped up the black bag and slung it over my shoulder, wheeling the suitcase behind me as I walked towards the portal room. I waved goodbye to a couple of the Archers as I walked through the room and caught sight of Effie in the hallway.

"See you around, Effie. Call me if you need me and with any updates on the Hugo case." I called out to her.

Her head snapped towards me as she recognized my voice. She waved and nodded her head before getting back to her meeting.

I pressed my hand into the security pad and the door to the portal room opened up. The room was really just a closet with a huge portal taking up the back wall. All we had to do was think about where we wanted to go and walk through the shimming purple and blue wall. I closed my eyes and thought about the portal in the woods by the camp before adjusting my bags and walking through the portal.

I stepped out of the portal which mimicked a tree and wasn't at all surprised to find Lion leaning against a truck as he waited for me.

"How did you get a truck back here?" I laughed. The portal was located deep inside the trees and not exactly accessible by car.

"I have my ways." Lion smirked and opened the passenger side door for me, "Your carriage awaits, Luna Thea." I shoved him to the side as he mocked me. He laughed loudly, stumbling over a rock and landing on his ass.

"You deserved that." I grunted at him before getting into the truck and slamming the door shut.

Lion kept laughing as he walked around the truck and into the driver's side. He carefully maneuvered the truck out of the woods.

And by carefully I mean he punched the gas and watched as the speedometer floured to 50mph, and by maneuver I mean he plowed through bushes and over rocks, relying on sheer luck to keep from getting stuck. I gripped the holy hell handle above my window with one hand and the seatbelt with the other.

"Do you have a death wish?" I shrieked as I bounced a foot off the seat.

"Says the woman who sticks a bow in the face of rogue werewolves and vampires." Lion snorted, grinning at me.

"Keep your eyes on the road!" I yelled at him and he threw his head back laughing.

"What road?" He snorted.

Oh yes, that made me feel more comfortable.

Mercifully, we charged out of the woods and finally ended up on a real road. It was a smooth drive the rest of the way to his packhouse.