Chapter 31 Thea

"What?" Xaiver's words filled the space between us as we came stumbling out of the transport and into the Base's portal room.

"How do you think Archers get around so much?" I shook my head at him and tucked the necklace in my shirt, "You can use the Base's portal to get to the pack." I said,

"You're not coming?" Xaiver was disheveled, wide eyed and terrified.

"I need to get my squad together. I'll bring them through to help." I said, gripping his arm tightly.

"Your squad?" His eyes pinched together.

"Those rogues attacked my family. Nobody does that and lives. I'll handle this, Xaiver. Get to your pack and I'll be there in minutes." My eyes were narrowed and dark, my expression fierce.

If Xaiver wasn't so afraid, he would've smiled. I reached up on my tippy toes to press my lips to his in a hurry before shoving him towards the portal.

"In minutes, you said." He reminded me as he stumbled towards the portal.

"I promise, only a few minutes." I nodded, and, just before he walked through the portal, I called out, "And, I love you." His eyes went wide as he fell through.

I took off running through the Base, straight to Effie's office.

"Thea?" She was so shocked she called out my real name.

"I need my squad now! My pack is under attack, my son has been taken by rogues." My voice was calm and deadly. Effie's eyes widened,

"Whatever you need." She agreed and now we were both walking in a hurry through the halls.

"What have you gotten from the rogues in the prison?" I asked as we ran off to get the rest of my Archers.

"Their Alpha's name is Dean. They have a camp deep in the woods somewhere in Florida, near where you picked up Hugo, I'd guess. None of them know why Dean has a personal conflict with Xaiver, they say only he and his mate, Summer, know." I nearly tripped over my feet at Effie's words. I grabbed her arm and we froze in the middle of the hallway,

"Summer? The rogue Alpha's mate is named Summer?"

"Yes, why?" Effie was looking at me like I was crazy.

"Are you absolutely sure?" I shook her arm violently.

"Yes, they all named her." Effie nodded.

"That's Logan's biological mother, that's who was reported taking Logan from the packhouse." I was frantic, "We have to hurry." I said, taking off again.

"All of your Archers are here, back on mission." Effie said. She had already placed the call, summoning all of my Archers to the portal room.

The Sapphire Archer, Dinah the Green Archer, a vampire female known as the Violet Archer, the Black Archer, an enhanced human called the Gray Archer, and a female werewolf, the Rose Archer, made up my team. The seven us made up the Alpha Squadrian. The most elite, most successful squad to ever grace the Archers.

They stood in the portal room, dressed in the Archer's uniform of tight black pants, and a tunic, and cape that matched their name, a black bow and quiver slung over their shoulder. Dinah had my spare uniform in her hand, handing it over without a word. I changed quickly and pulled something black out of my pocket, a stick no bigger than a pen. In my hands, it grew and grew until it became my bow. I was handed a quiver and, just like that, I was the Crimson Archer once more.

My squad said nothing to me, simply stood at the ready. Ready for orders, ready to follow me without question.

"My pack is under attack, my son has been kidnapped. There are rogues who must die." I replied, my voice as deadly as venom.