Chapter 34 Thea

"Where's Xaiver?" I asked and Lion cocked an eyebrow just as a voice called out through the trees,

"Thea! Logan?"

"Daddy!" Logan yelled and suddenly Xaiver had him in his arms.

"Oh, buddy, you're okay. I'm so sorry!" Xaiver was clinging to Logan and his eyes found mine.

"Are you okay?" He stepped up to me and wrapped an arm around my waist. He buried his face in my neck for a moment.

"I'm fine."

"You have a baby." He observed, pulling away and eyeing Milly.

"Milly and Natalie. Their father died." I whispered, nodding towards Natalie who was playing with Lion, "They were crying. I couldn't just leave them there."

"Of course not." Xaiver smiled, looking down on Milly.

"I'm sorry about Summer." I mumbled and Xaiver's smile vanished.

"I saw her in the tent." He said and I frowned.

"She had a knife to Logan's throat. I didn't have a choice"

"It's okay. I knew you wouldn't have done it for no good reason." Xaiver said, pressing the palm of his hand against my cheek for a second before looking up to speak to the group,

"Frankie will handle the clean up here. All survivors will be brought back to the packhouse for questioning. We found a couple more children hiding in a tent."

"They're innocent." I said and Xaiver nodded quickly.

"Yes, they are. We have an orphanage at the packhouse where they'll be cared for."

Back to the packhouse we went. Slower this time than before. It took us almost an hour to make it back with the children in tow. Dean had lied to us, not so shockingly. There was no second attack on the packhouse so the others were just waiting for us to return. I was not at all surprised to see that Alpha Sal had kept his word. He, the tributes, and all of the judges had traveled down the east coast to support Valor Moon.

"Thank you all for coming." Xaiver greeted them while I quickly took the children inside.

"Yasmine, Shay?" I called out for them.

"Thea, thank the Goddess you all are okay." Shay ran up to me but came to a skidding stop when she saw the baby, "Man, you and X work fast." She teased and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Natalie and Milly are survivors. More children will be coming. Can you two make sure the orphanage is ready." I said, handing off Milly to Shay.

"Yaya!" Logan ran off to hug Yasmine.

"Hey, buddy, I'm so glad to see you." Yasmine smiled, picking him up.

"We'll take care of the kids, don't worry." Shay nodded, taking Natalie's hand as well.

"Everyone okay?" I asked the room filled with women, children, and elderly.

"Yes, Luna."

"Thank you, Luna."

A chorus of voices replied.

"Anyone who can help with the children in the orphanage or the injured in the hospital, please do so. The pack grounds also need to be cleaned up. Everyone else, feel free to stay here or head back to your homes. Rest assured, the rogues are defeated and our pack is safe." I addressed them.

"Thank you!"

"So kind, Luna."

"Gracious, Luna."