The Next Chapter

It was a cold night, the seas were out of control, lightning crashing everywhere seeing as the gods were fighting again everyone was in the big house watching as the storm raised on with no sign of it stopping.

"What could they be fighting about now?" I asked no one in particular

"Nothing good if it's this bad," Annabeth said

Chiron came into view a couple of minutes later looking as if he could see what the gods were truly doing

"Chiron what could be happening there's been peace for three years what now could they be fighting about," I asked.

"I fear nothing good Child we can only hope that they come to their senses until then we wait out the storm." Chiron said.

I looked at Annabeth and she just shrugged. I sat down next to her as she leaned her head on my shoulder. To say I was frustrated was an understatement. The war with Gaia had been over for six years. There were less monster attacks, zero quests from the Gods and no more prophecies. I was finally happy that my life was start to turn out Annabeth and I had just graduated college, I was carrying a ring in my pocket for weeks now waiting to ask her to marry me and start our lives while looking at saying goodbye to The demigod life, but I knew better then to know it wasn't that easy.

The next few minutes went by in a blur  I was looking down at Annabeth who was asleep with her head in my lap, I was running my finger through her curly hair and all of a sounded the Big house was struck by lighting making everything go black.

I woke up with a jolt in cold sweat waking up Annabeth in the process. I was panting out of control freaked out it was just a dream, but it felt so real.

"Hey, you okay Seaweed Brain?" Annabeth asked bringing me out of my slight panic.

"Yeah I'm okay Wise girl go back to sleep"

"You know i'm not going to do that was it a nightmares?"

"Yes" I said with a shaky breath.

"About Tartarus?"

We fell years ago but Annabeth and me both still get nightmares from falling. They faded Slowly over the years like Chiron said they would, but I still get them a now and then but I'm a lot better than Annabeth, who still tends to get them once or twice a month,  but when you go through what we went through those scars just don't leave you.

"No". I said after a minute of silence

"Well do you want to talk about?"

"The gods were fighting again everything was out of control everyone was in the big house when the Lighting hit it and-"

I had tears in my eyes but I didn't let them fall, but it didn't get by Annabeth.

"Hey Percy, it's okay, come here it was just a dream" Annabeth pulled me into her chest and stroked her fingers through my hair.

"There hasn't been anything in six years, what if something changes?. I don't want that,I just want to move on with our lives, buy a house, get married, have kids and then grow old with each other"

Annabeth kissed my forehead "Hey I'm sure it's nothing you're just paranoid being back here. The war is over and everything is good. We will start our lives okay try not to think about".

"yeah you're right"

"when am I not" she laughed 

I chuckled "that's why I  call you Wise girl"

She chuckled, we sat there for a few minutes

"What time is it?" I asked

"Two AM"