꒰ ͜͡➸ too soon

————————

-copia

-angst

-265 words!

- copia's impending
death

- requested by
@/Elliot183 !

————————

copia watched the clergy talk as if he wasn't even there.

his ghouls were up in the chancel, watching him with scared looks on their faces.

everyone knew that his time would run out, copia had been preparing for it ever since he was anointed papa, but this soon?

a date had been set.

his execution.

copia's breath shook as he heard cries of anger, grief, and shock from his ghouls. a few of them tried to swarm the clergy, but they were held back by the older generations.

copia set his jaw, determined on not giving the clergy a reaction. he simply nodded and bowed his head before turning on his heel and exiting the chapel.

as soon as he was in the hallway, though, the tears rolled down his face as he crashed into a wall.

copia sobbed, covering his face as his mind tried to reject the idea that his death was closing in.

he was terrified, he was hurt, he was confused.

he was angry.

copia slammed his fist into the stone wall, letting out another sob as he crumbled to the floor.

he felt a clawed hand on his shoulder. he leaned into the hand, knowing it was one of his ghouls.

they led him back to his room where the rest of the pack was waiting.

everything was a blur. copia felt himself being pulled into the pile of ghouls, he felt himself being hugged by all the hell-ish creatures, but he was left entirely numb—his mind washing his brain with an intense fog.

it's too soon...

_