꒰ ͜͡➸ insecurities

»»————- ★ ————-««

꒰ ͜͡➸ mountain

꒰ ͜͡➸ kinda a lot
angsty

꒰ ͜͡➸ 3045 words

꒰ ͜͡➸ i wasn't gonna
post this cause of how
awful it turned out but
it's been breathing down
my neck so here y'all go :)

»»————- ★ ————-««

being with someone who is a lot taller and skinnier than you has it's upsides sure, but there are a lot more downsides. especially mentally.

every time you see pictures of you and mountain next to each other, your stomach drops. this time was no exception.

you swallowed harshly as you looked down at the picture of you and mountain. it was a polaroid that rain had taken of you both when you were asleep in the earth ghoul's lap, your head resting on mountain's chest as he wrapped his arms around you as scrolled through his phone.

i look like i'm crushing him... you thought to yourself as your stomach started churning.

"hello, love." you heard mountain's voice coming closer to you. you looked up, watching as mountain smiled at you. you forced yourself to smile back, relieved that you could relax your face as mountain leaned down to kiss you.

"mm.. what're you looking at?" mountain hummed as he pulled away from the kiss. "oh- uh.. nothing.." you stated, trying to hide the polaroid in your hands. you didn't want to see mountain cringe at the picture. he surely would see that you're too big for him.

mountain raised an eyebrow at you, looking down at your hands which were clamped around the polaroid.

"okay.. you don't have to hide anything from me, you know." mountain reassured your, brushing some of your hair out of your face. your stomach dropped as you nodded, forcing a small smile. mountain smiled back, kissing your forehead and sitting down next to you.

mountain wrapped his arm under your legs and began pulling you to sit in his lap, but you quickly struggled against him.

"whoa, what's wrong?" mountain asked, immediately pulling his arm out from under your legs. "nothing," you answered a bit too quickly as you shook your head. "i just don't really want to be touched right now." you explained, not technically lying. mountain frowned but nodded, scooting away so you weren't touching.

mountain saw movement in the corner of his eye and looked over, seeing rain standing there, looking confused.

'what happened?' rain mouthed. mountain shrugged sadly, shaking his head.

you looked yourself in the mirror as you waited for the 5 minute call till showtime.

you frowned slightly, not liking how the uniform fit your body as much as you did before.

you sighed and pulled on the coat of the uniform making sure your helmet was put on right as you smoothed down any folds that didn't look right.

"5 minutes till top of the show. 5 minutes till top of the show. please get to the stage."

you smiled softly at the use of theatre terms at a concert arena, leaving your room and making your way to the stage where your bass was.

"love!" mountain called from behind you. you turned around, watching mountain hurry over with a big smile on his face.